Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SJR Liftkit?

MorganM

Pardon me if I'm jumping the gun Scott but I am very curiouse! I saw your kit before WCSS7 on your website and in your gallery I think. Loved what I saw so far on there. Then saw the pics of you at WCSS7.

Did you get it dirty on the trails? Did ppl seem to like it or were they skeptical? I love the casted logos; very custom.

That kit that he had looks VERY good. I chatted with him about it for quite a while, and it looked quite rugged. What's very cool he told me is that he can put custom logos on any kit he makes, so each one would be different from anyone elses. His ideas on the strut extensions are amazing as well, they're one of a kind and are completely different from anything I've ever seen. Its quite a kit, I'd recommend it.

There's 2 6" block extensions for the shock mounts, I didn't get underneath the rear to look closer at the blocks, But there might be pics around here somewhere, I'll see if I can find them. He did mention that something needed to be cut underneath the rear passenger side door, I didn't ever ask what it was.

EDIT: PICS!

Thanks for the pics Subieman! I never got pics of the strut extensions, or the front blocks, maybe someone else did?

PICT0649_Medium.sized.jpg

PICT0650_Medium.sized.jpg

PICT0651_Medium.sized.jpg

There are some steel bars that you have to weld to the front of the rear crossmember to lower it and stabilize it. He did it as a solution to the problem people were having with hitting there lower cross member when it was bolted (bending the crossmember and bolting area). I think the overall lift kit package is BAD rump roast he really put alot of time into designing it. The only problem is I dont really know how strong castings are. I know that if they have a void in them you can have some serious problems, but from what I felt SJR's castings felt solid. Anyways if you haven't seen it check out the video of the sub jumping at www.alliedarmament.com

There's 2 6" block extensions for the shock mounts, I didn't get underneath the rear to look closer at the blocks, But there might be pics around here somewhere, I'll see if I can find them. He did mention that something needed to be cut underneath the rear passenger side door, I didn't ever ask what it was.

I looked over the SJR kit at the show and it really does look great and seems like a good design- Just make sure you have good steel on you rear torsion tube assembly as the design currently does require some cut and paste welding rather than blocks-- not a problem for most of us but if you're driving a car sponsored by Mr. Salty I would look that area over real careful for rust (Alaskans take note)

Then again, if the car has enough rust that that would be an issue any other kits probably a bad idea I would think.

Did you get it dirty on the trails? Did ppl seem to like it or were they skeptical? I love the casted logos; very custom.

Got it Dirty ? Yes , wished I could have stayed later . we left Saturday evening after dinner,needed to drive back to Bellingham, actually we took take out and eat dinner halve way home it was great Chicken corbon blue , potatoes and the works , breakfast was eaqualy superb the best biskets and gravy I ever had. chunks of pork sausage in the gravy. I had such a good time on the trails want to do it again soon.it was more technical trying to squeeze threw trees , the ATV trails where on the narrow side, missed out in all the action sat evening

Many liked what they saw asked many questions and took pictures, "skeptical"

one guy about the alloy, other then that it was a very positive experiance

thank you for your comments

Scott

How was the rear done? I saw the rear diff 'drop plate'. What else is going on back there?

heres the rear cross tube front Mount

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=7129&sort=1&size=medium&cat=all&page=1

heres the 2x2 peice before welding into place

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=7130&sort=1&size=medium&cat=all&page=1

the diff and cross tube our mounted at 5" the rear shocks are mounted at 6" ,now thats what I put on my car, if someone wants more clearance they can use the shorter diff plate and tri-tower block to get desired clearance

Scott