Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

harpua in Missoula Montana

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 harpua

harpua

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • nowhere, USA

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:59 AM

Well i made it to missoula finally. I happened accross the public library, so i thought i would drop a line and let you all know that i made it. I know there are a couple of people in missoula that frequent the board, so feel free to give me a call. my number is 1-307-761-0503

I am looking for a house and work, so if anyone has any leads, please let me know. I build houses, but if it pays enough, i will do anything (or pretty close to anything)

Anyway, i need to go find a tree to sleep under...been awake for more than 24 hours....need sleep.

later

harpua

#2 A DOG

A DOG

Subaru Ninjai for hire

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Bozeman

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:05 PM

Bozeman MT has sooooooo much construction you could get a job right away. Plus housing over here is pretty cheap.

#3 harpua

harpua

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • nowhere, USA

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:16 PM

haha, now you tell me...lol

Its all good....from the looks of it, missoula is booming pretty good as well. I don't think i will have too much trouble finding work. All it takes is tool bags full of tools, a car, and a drivers license....its worked every time.

Well, i won't be back to this thread for a day or too, so treat it well....

remember, give a call....contacts are a great thing to have in a new place.

harpua

#4 MorganM

MorganM

Do you Subaru?

• Members
  • 8,390 posts
  • TwinCities

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:05 PM

Glad to hear you made it safe. Good luck on the job hunt!

#5 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:14 PM

Donny, good to hear you are alive and well. Missoula is a nice place to be. Best of luck finding work.

#6 subeman90

subeman90

Soobologist

• 2,779 posts
  • Akron PA

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:45 PM

Have fun in MT!!!! I like that place....I enjoyed my drive through a few years back. Good luck with the job hunt and enjoy the view! If you haven't looked around Butte that place is pretty cool too!:D

#7 [ evL ]

[ evL ]

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 12:27 PM

Good luck in Missoula buddy!

I'd avoid Butte, there is plenty of
construction work in and around the
Missoula area.

Lot's of Subaru's to be sure also...

#8 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 15 August 2005 - 03:52 PM

Donny,

I was up in West Yellowstone over the weekend, beautiful country.

What ever happend with the RX?

Glenn
82 SubaruHummer
84 GL Wagon
01 Forester

#9 harpua

harpua

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • nowhere, USA

Posted 21 August 2005 - 01:21 PM

Alright, i finally made it back to this thread....Well, instead of sleeping when i got here, i drove around for a while to check out the town. I found a job 4 hours after i drove into town...I think that is a new record for me. Finding a house proved to be a lot more difficult. I get to move into my new place 2 weeks to the day of me getting here. I have been camping since getting here, and i am getting pretty sick of it. my back is killing me from sleeping on the ground....oh well, i will get over it.

I got my phone # updated to a montana number, so here it is

1-406-207-6814

feel free to call to reconnect, or hook up for the first time here in montana.

Glenn....The RX is running now. It took me like 6 hours to put in the new tranny and rear end and axles. I took it for a 3 block test drive....fine tuned for about 10 minutes, and then drove it to my hometown 3 hours away without too many problems. I forgot to put the 2 nuts on the rear diff that attach it to the diff hanger....no damage, just made the car act a little funny....lol

anyway, i got to run. talk to you all soon

harpua

#10 Free Range

Free Range

Chicken or the egg, hmm?

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Missoula, MT

Posted 23 August 2005 - 12:54 PM

I'll give ya a holler, and remember if you don't like the weather in montana just wait 5 minutes.

#11 Hondasucks

Hondasucks

Subaru Technician

• Members
  • 4,760 posts
  • Vancouver, WA

Posted 23 August 2005 - 11:40 PM

hey if you can get A/C certification, the Firestone dealer in Missoula needs a tech, and after the end of September, go down there and look for Harold Lillie, he's my instructor in Chassis Fab right now but at the end of this term he's moving to Missoula (Winters here are too wicked for his wife's health) He's a real nice guy, he feeds ya well when you help him out too :-D

Keep in touch man..

541 990 8697
971 732 5010

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users