Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Another CT Cook-Out...Anyone up 4 it?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just mooch one good beer from somebody.Otherwise,water is good,filetered prefered but Danbury tap probably isn't so bad compared to our water here.

Connie,you need to change your signature....sorry,honey.(I didn't get to reggy "Lucky" yet but hopefully Tuesday,Wed.,or Thursday....)

Let me know what you need for food and supplies too,please.

Connie,you need to change your signature....sorry,honey.(I didn't get to reggy "Lucky" yet but hopefully Tuesday,Wed.,or Thursday....)

Let me know what you need for food and supplies too,please.

Done ..BTW Paulyburger...how did Lucky make the drive home for you...any issues?? I was worried since I never got the chance to take her out for a spin...probably did her a world of good.

Tommy and me have the food and supplies under control this time..plus I have left over stuff from the last cook-out Anyway..I have to do something to repay all you fantastic club members for helping me out and getting dirty to help keep Bucky on the road. Just looking to get a cheap power sander to get dirty with the body work on Buck and also want to get that Fender for Lucky done so you can just slap it on

I see you!!:) Yup,sure will take that fender back.It'll be the touch it needs.

She(?) ran fine especially after some time on the road.As expected,it was a little rough at first,nothing scary,but then smoothed out,shifted nicer,battery actually charged(needle was wavering when I first got going).

All in all it's got potential to be a really nice ride.It does have some knock to it.Too bad I gave away all my EA81's....count 'em,at least 5 complete and one in pieces....GONE!!! But that's life.I said I wouldn't go back,but your car was irresitable.:brow:

It was a little hot too,but again it seemed to cool off and I'm sure with a fluch and a new thermostat,etc. it'll be fine.

Now,I might even keep this one under my butt instead of giving it to my inlaws.Me with a 2door automatic.....yikes!

Let's hope for a healthy emissions test!

See you soon!

Just looking to get a cheap power sander to get dirty with the body work on Buck and also want to get that Fender for Lucky done so you can just slap it on

I have a belt sander I can bring along and leave you borrow for a while. I'm not sure if a belt sander is the correct tool for body work??? But, I'll bring it along if you want.

Gee, I think I know where some of those EA81s went :lol:

Paul, you're welcome to any parts you may need, and if emissions doesn't pan out, trade me for Connie's and put a balljoint/CV axle in mine. It went through emissions just fine, still runs great, working air, too.

Sounds like a good back up plan to me,but you'll have to keep the car nice for Connie...;)

She needs a nice orbital disk sander,maybe a palm sander to.Nice step down papers,check with a body worker,probably like 150 to 400 grit,and lighter if you're going for a nice finish.I'll see what I can bring.I have the orbital and some 200 grit.

Wait a minute! Connie,YOU do bodywork....you tell us what grit to use.:grin:

LOL!! I usually use a palm sander...very easy to control. They actually talked me into repainting the screen printers we use at work last year ..cause I was the only one who knew how to do bodywork....turned out nice too!!

I use lots of 200 grit for the heavy stuff...pitted etc....if its real bad I use 100grit..them work down to 400 and sometimes even 800 grit.

I have been working a TON of OT the past 2 weeks ( big military project needs to ship by the 15th). usually 12-14 hour days and weekends....CHA-CHING!! I will be able to pick up a palm sander this weekend

Thanks for the offer Dave but a belt sander is alittle big.

LMAO Andrew....you have been trying to get your claws into my/Pauls GLF since we got it.:grin: . Dont you have enough Subarus??? Just playing with ya.

I am hoping to get it back next year if finacally things are better...Or Bucky dies ...whichever comes first.

One more Bumpity Bump.....

Any requests for food and drinks???? both normal and fun:drunk: :drunk: ???? What kind of beer are you guys interested in? Going to get a case of something and a bottle or two ( I happen to be a Captn kinda gal). Let me know...going grocery shopping this week and going to fill the gas bottle for the grill.

Plus anyone need a refresher on directions??

One more Bumpity Bump.....

Any requests for food and drinks???? both normal and fun:drunk: :drunk: ???? What kind of beer are you guys interested in? Going to get a case of something and a bottle or two ( I happen to be a Captn kinda gal). Let me know...going grocery shopping this week and going to fill the gas bottle for the grill.

Plus anyone need a refresher on directions??

when is it again??

sat. the 24th at connie's place in beautiful Danbury CT. 45 seconds from I-95

I think we are starting in the morning on the car so if you want to lend a hand be there early..... (semi early);)

LOL Matt ..its 45 seconds from RT84 exit 4...Lake Ave

I will put another sign out on the guardrail saying USMB

we are going to roll out fairly early on sat. to head up. I have to make a side trip to drop off my Impreza at the soob dealer in Reading (on the way up) so it is going to put me off course a few miles but no biggie. I figure we will get up like we would if going to work and head to Ct.

My bad on the I-95 thing.....I was thinking one thing and typing another. :banghead:

So who has most of the tools we will need for the endeavour? I'll have my little tool case from my car and I will definitly borrow one of the electric impacts from work and a spare battery.:brow: Any speacialty tools I need to bring or should we be all set?

BTW: I will take a sixer of anything from my favorite patriot (Sam Adams);)

So who has most of the tools we will need for the endeavour? I'll have my little tool case from my car and I will definitly borrow one of the electric impacts from work and a spare battery.:brow: Any speacialty tools I need to bring or should we be all set?

BTW: I will take a sixer of anything from my favorite patriot (Sam Adams);)

I'll bring my magic box of handtools and I think Tom is coming down Friday night to get the engine crane.

I'll try to remember my drill and helicoil kit for exhaust studs.Been a while,so I'm having a hard time thinking of what else to bring.....that and I'm really sleep deprived this week.....zzzzzzzzzzz

I'll bring my magic box of handtools and I think Tom is coming down Friday night to get the engine crane.

I'll try to remember my drill and helicoil kit for exhaust studs.Been a while,so I'm having a hard time thinking of what else to bring.....that and I'm really sleep deprived this week.....zzzzzzzzzzz

Yeah the exaust studs can always be a snafu in an otherwise uneventfull job.:rolleyes:

Cool Glad you are going to be able to make it..Just got back from picking up some more parts...Throw-out bearing will be here Monday..have the Cam seals,fuel filter,new PCV valve,exhaust manifold gaskets,valve cover and oil pump gaskets..plus a place is looking for my oil pump gasket (saying the only way I can get a new one is by getting a new oil pump) and the tensioners...should know monday but be ready Paul for me to see if you can get that from the dealer.

Mary if you are bringing food..anything is good..I am going to get burgers and hot dogs..maybe some sausages...potatoe salad and stuff like that.

Bucky better be thankful for all this :grin: ..if it would be any other car I owned I would have gotten rid of it...LOL..I know I appreciate it greatly...We are getting a case of Sam Adams ( Jessie..its Tommys favorite also) and should have some Captns or Vodka there...PLUS I have a BLENDER!!!

Mary I will email you directions soon...at Tommys house for the weekend

Might be a two trip day for me.I might bring Luc to ease things on my wife and just work,eat,and split.Then return sans child,and party.

Let me know on that list ASAP.I'm going to call with the rest on Monday.They will need 3 days or so since the east coast doesn't have all the old parts so much anymore.When I had him order EA81 stuff three years ago it took almost a week.Our EA82's are now in the same league.I'll be they don't even stock our air and oil filters anymore.

Calll me sometime before Monday afternoon to go over the list.Thanks.

Might be a two trip day for me.I might bring Luc to ease things on my wife and just work,eat,and split.Then return sans child,and party.

Let me know on that list ASAP.I'm going to call with the rest on Monday.They will need 3 days or so since the east coast doesn't have all the old parts so much anymore.When I had him order EA81 stuff three years ago it took almost a week.Our EA82's are now in the same league.I'll be they don't even stock our air and oil filters anymore.

Calll me sometime before Monday afternoon to go over the list.Thanks.

Well we may have Jeff with us, so I guess they can play together, not that I would trust my wife to keep a good eye on eaither one once Connie starts up that blender.:rolleyes::)

Well we may have Jeff with us, so I guess they can play together, not that I would trust my wife to keep a good eye on eaither one once Connie starts up that blender.:rolleyes::)

Arrggghhh matey! Pirate Water? My 3-year-old grandson wanted some when he saw the label, it's Tim's favorite when he does drink... which is rarer than the blue moon! Capn' 'n' coke, or Dr. Pepper, I can't even type those words without gagging... NEVER, EVER feed that to a beer drinker! Trust me!

Looks like I be the DD... and DKW "Designated Kid Watcher" :) The menu will be quite varied... some cuppa, cuppa, cuppa... meatballs in sauce, thumbs... other little tidbits... it's the least I can do... you all helped me so much :)