Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy seats in a GL?

My '90 Legacy wagon has recently turned her last trick. I'm junking her out. She had a relatively new set of tires on alloy wheels that I'll pull in case I ever get another Legacy. She also had a relatively freshly rebuilt alternator I'll remove and salt away. I also pulled the receiver hitch and trailer lights wiring adapter.

Here's the question: Before I haul her off, I'm wondering if I should pull the front seats with driver's side height adjustment. The seats in my '87 GL wagon have seen better days. The fabric looks fine but the springs are pretty tired.

WILL THE SEATS FROM MY '90 LEGACY FIT IN MY '87 GL WAGON with little to no modification?

Thanks in advance!

Tracy

I don't know exactly how they compare to Impreza seats, but those bolted right up to my 86 wagon's rails after drilling two new holes in each seat. The rails were the same width, but the bolt spacing wasn't quite identical.

Even if the width isn't the same, you can easily adapt them with some flat strips of steel.

YOU'LL HAVE TO RE-WELD THE FRAME RAILS but other than that, not really that hard.

When you say re-weld the frame rails what exactly does that mean? Can you give just alittle more detail on the welding process becasue i dont weld and would have to explain it to my welder friend. Thanks