Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Saabaru

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Aja1

Aja1

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Boston

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:35 AM

My wife has confessed that she loves the Saab 9-2x and that she doesn't like the Imprezza. What future issues will I have if she gets the Saabaru assuming it won't be offered much longer as GM no longer has any stake in Subaru? Will Subaru dealers be able to service it? I would think internal parts would be less of an issue than cosmetic stuff. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Ben

#2 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,586 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 12 November 2005 - 11:15 AM

it will be fully supported by saab. Its not going away overnight ... and its not like subaru is disapearing either, There are no mechanical differnces aside from suspension tuning and trim between the cars. I wouldnt hesitate on getting one.

nipper

#3 Lesbaru

Lesbaru

Gir is my copilot

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:08 PM

Except that they are so much more expensive than the Imp. Is the inside really worth another $8,000? My first car was a Saab (1969 9-6) and I loved it. I called a Saab dealer about the price of the Saabaru, just for old times sake. I was pretty surprised.

#4 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,586 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 12 November 2005 - 06:03 PM

a freind of mine got one during the "employee pricing" from gm and it was dirt cheap compared to the subrau :) ...then they ran out of stock.

nipper

#5 mattocs

mattocs

Subaru Legacy Lover

• Members
  • 1,312 posts
  • Pittsburgh

Posted 12 November 2005 - 06:55 PM

I thought the Sabbaru was cheaper than a WRX?

#6 kevinsUBARU

kevinsUBARU

hi

• Members
  • 2,964 posts
  • Ulster County

Posted 12 November 2005 - 07:12 PM

Yes, it was cheaper than the WRX during the GM employee pricing. I believe they were being bought from anywhere between $18K and $20K.

#7 avk

avk

My Outback is bigger than yours

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • Somerset County, NJ

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:12 AM

Servicing it at Subaru shouldn't be a problem, except maybe for anything that requires look-up by VIN.

#8 Aja1

Aja1

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Boston

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:10 AM

From what I have heard the employee pricing is always available to the shrewd buyer...although I cannot attest to this...yet.

I am a Subaru guy through and through, but I also prefer the looks to the Saab's version...the front end especially...but that is just me.

Thanks for the input.

Ben

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users