Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Trip Computer Control Box?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Scrub2k

Scrub2k

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Reno

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:54 AM

Has Anyone Relocated This? Im Just Curious if anyone has moved this to anywhere else and put something else in its place or anything? got any pictures? Thanks

#2 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 03 October 2003 - 11:08 AM

Are you talking about the part with the buttons or the part under the dash that actually makes it all work?

Posted Image

#3 Scrub2k

Scrub2k

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Reno

Posted 03 October 2003 - 12:45 PM

The Part With the Buttons, I Moved Mine Down to where the Ashtray was, since i dont smoke i took out the ashtray :D

I Just Need to Find a way to attach it somehow, the tabs that the screws go into on it were broken off when i got the car :banghead: so i hafta figure something out, i thought about getting a new box out of another car but ont wanna rewire it just for 2 tabs :-\

#4 calebz

calebz

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 03 October 2003 - 01:50 PM

I Just Need to Find a way to attach it somehow

Thats the beauty of the way I did it.. all the parts are stock soob.. 88 GL-10 trip computer was mounted down below.. so I just got all the mounting stuff from an 88

#5 electryc_monk

electryc_monk

Air-ride Airehead

• Members
  • 1,581 posts
  • Denton, Tx

Posted 03 October 2003 - 03:57 PM

heheheh OR you might look at the place i have now... granted it was a temperary fix but, I was wondering about sticking it there as I too have removed the "ashtray" hmmmmmm maybe I'll put a simple plate down there and then drill a single hole for the starter-interupt too.

http://www.geocities...monk/cd6-27.jpg

or this view of the same

http://www.geocities...monk/cd6-24.jpg

#6 soobme

soobme

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,871 posts
  • Medford OR

Posted 03 October 2003 - 05:08 PM

So to use that plate from the '88 it's just a bolt in?!? That is to eazy! I would love to have my TC back in the car and working! I know what I'm looking for next time @ the yard:banana:

#7 calebz

calebz

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 03 October 2003 - 06:11 PM

It will bolt right in, but you have to cut out some of the back of the cubbyhole for clearance for the box, or use the console piece from the 88.. also, the wires a little too short to just move the box down, so I had to reroute the wires a little, and relocate the actual control box under the dash(behind the glove compartment.. sounds a lot more complicated than it really is.

#8 soobme

soobme

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,871 posts
  • Medford OR

Posted 03 October 2003 - 06:20 PM

Yeah, I know what U are talking about. Not to hard @ all:-)

#9 calebz

calebz

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 03 October 2003 - 06:36 PM

Sooo.. uhh .. that was priceless secret information.. at least worth one roof rack :)

#10 soobme

soobme

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,871 posts
  • Medford OR

Posted 03 October 2003 - 08:09 PM

:clap: Good try! But I'm not :santa: . I bet it might be worth a dicount thoe;)

#11 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,132 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 04 October 2003 - 02:41 AM

IF my car used a trip computer... I could never stick it down there (in front of the shifter, below the stereo AND ashtray...) that space is good for so much extra parts storage:

current inventory: Brand spanking new EA82 radiator petcock and the fasterners to attach an EA82 black rubber chin spoiler :D

#12 calebz

calebz

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 04 October 2003 - 09:46 AM

Well mike, we are very glad that you don't have a trip computer to deal with. all of that terrible storage loss would be tragic:brolleye:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users