Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Pics of more mods!

LosDiosDeVerde86

GJ! I want your car bad now. It looks great, how do you like the improved rough rally road handling capabilities? I would really like to take a Leg w/ OB struts out and see what it's like!

Congrat's!!

there's not a whole lot of places to go around here....there's actually quite a few places, but nowhere on acount that i don't want to get yelled at by my wife.. just one more stress i don't want to deal with.

there is this little dirt road straighaway that's got some pot-hole mud puddles on it though. that's where that mud came from.

.....got yelled at

That Legacy looks really good, I like it!

Question: Have you had any rubbing with the 205/75/15 tires? I ask because I have that size in a Firestone A/T tire on my 97OB, and they rub *slightly* when turning and going thru dips. I wouldn't have thought that going up from 70 to 75 on my car would rub but I think it's a combo of the larger size and thicker tread due to the type of tire.

Steve

took the headlights out, grill out, and the top clips to the bumper cover, pulled back the bumper cover, drilled the holes, put 'em on.

9465aux_lights_on_close_up-thumb.JPG i did mine almost the same.9465top_view-thumb.JPG

except the fact that i made the mistake of trying to use those plastic screw things that hold the cover on.it works fine except one of em bounces a'lil while driving.i still gotta get around to redoing it.(don't really use em now,cuz of the bounce)

why not a fan

well since you asked. i think they look cheap, sound cheap, im sure there only made for the way they sound. a well tuned exast system is more than just the sound it makes. I also perfer the sound of a nice turbo muffler. borla or dynomax... and even magnaflow, and thats how i roll.

im not saying you should take it off... that is just my personal opinion.. and the world would be quite boring if everyone had the same car.

That Legacy looks really good, I like it!

Question: Have you had any rubbing with the 205/75/15 tires? I ask because I have that size in a Firestone A/T tire on my 97OB, and they rub *slightly* when turning and going thru dips. I wouldn't have thought that going up from 70 to 75 on my car would rub but I think it's a combo of the larger size and thicker tread due to the type of tire.

Steve

I wonder about rubbing too. Is it a problem? Because you've pretty much done to your Legacy what I want to do to mine.... I need to finish lifting mine. It looks silly, as the front is lifted, but the back is not. hee.

Nice looking sedan, did you retain the factory springs and strut tops, or put in the outback parts?

I run 215/70/14 m+s on my forrester lifted 91 legacy (Right), still factory tires on the outback lifted sedan(left) they only rubbed a little up front, none after pulling front mudflaps, one broken splash guard and a little bfh love... not to mention the cheesy plastic gas tank guards that fell apart in deep snow.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/data/500/74110-31-05_-med.JPG

well since you asked. i think they look cheap, sound cheap, im sure there only made for the way they sound. a well tuned exast system is more than just the sound it makes. I also perfer the sound of a nice turbo muffler. borla or dynomax... and even magnaflow, and thats how i roll.

im not saying you should take it off... that is just my personal opinion.. and the world would be quite boring if everyone had the same car.

no, the point of a glasspack is to have no muffler.

all it is is a straight pipe. no restriction, no legal violation.

i agree they look cheap. that's why it's under the car.

Lookin' good!!

when're you getting the mudrat tube bumper??

Did you upsize your exhaust behind the cat? Sounds nice with a 2.25 cat-back, you could pull off the second cat too, but I'd suggest keeping them both for the back pressure and maintaing your low-end torque...

Have you taken out your intake resonator from under the passenger fender? That makes a huge difference in sound!!

I think you know, I'm running 2.25 cat back through a magnaflow, sounds great with a K&N box filter and no intake box crap...

You'll like it 9if you haven't done it already!!

I like the lights, still haven't gotten mine :(

Keep it coming!!

ok, here's my legacy now. pictures taken today. in the photo album there's pictures of it from before i did anything, so that's a good "before"

here's after outback struts, 205/75R15 trail mark radials, hellas, and a glasspack