Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

91 Justy: problem starting on warmed engine...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sanada

sanada

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:17 AM

i just completed an engine overhaul on my 91 Justy. i have adjusted the throttle-sensor and replaced the fuel pump. when i start the car cold, car starts and runs well. but when engine has been warmed up, it is difficult to start the car again unless i cool the car down. can someone tell me whats wrong and how i can solve this problem.

thanks

#2 nipper

nipper

Semi Elite Master of the

• Members
  • 17,546 posts
  • Long Island NY

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:25 AM

what does it do when it wont start?

nipper

#3 hooziewhatsit

hooziewhatsit

I fix old cars

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
  • Klamath Falls

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:30 PM

I'd guess the coolant temperature sensor (CTS) is bad. No idea where it's located on a justy though.

Would be cheapest to replace from a junkyard; I believe dealers want big $$$ for them.

#4 sanada

sanada

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 02:30 AM

what does it do when it wont start?

nipper

nothing.. i have to sit and wait till the engine cools before i can started up again.

#5 Esteban32696

Esteban32696

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • Florida

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:56 AM

I have seen the coil cause symptoms like that. See if it is getting a good strong spark,at the plug wire while trying to restart it, when hot.

#6 sanada

sanada

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:01 AM

Update ..... thanks a lot for your info. you point out problem like magic. WHAT A WISE! I put a new CTS in this morning, Justy starting well on any temperature and running well. Thanks again.

I'd guess the coolant temperature sensor (CTS) is bad. No idea where it's located on a justy though.

Would be cheapest to replace from a junkyard; I believe dealers want big $$$ for them.

#7 hooziewhatsit

hooziewhatsit

I fix old cars

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
  • Klamath Falls

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:42 AM

Update ..... thanks a lot for your info. you point out problem like magic. WHAT A WISE! I put a new CTS in this morning, Justy starting well on any temperature and running well. Thanks again.

awesome, glad it was an easy fix.

-Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users