Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will these Lugs fit on Pug rims?

EYE_WHY

Would these lugs work with the Pug alloys? I am looking for some replacements for acouple rusty alloy lugs I have .

I haven't looked at the lugs in person, but judging by the wheel page picture of peugeot alloy lugs,

pugnuts.jpg

as compared to your find,

acornbulge1904_draw.jpg- it looks like it could work!

They are priced well also - great find

Well I can tell you they work, that's what I'm running on Project Cheap. The big thing is that since they are minus the washer part they will not self-center the wheel anymore. So you have to get tricky and tighten them up in a cross-pattern while making sure they are actually centering the wheel-up. Haven't come untorqued yet and they do hold them on. Took me a few tries to learn the trick to getting the wheel centered each time. An air gun helps alot with this, but I have done it without it just takes longer.

I'm fairly new with this subject, but have recently looked at the lug nut holes in the 15" alloy Pug wheels and have observed the following:

It appears as if they are designed so that the correct lugnut seats against a tapered or rounded section where the wheel thickness is greater. This may have the effect of centering the wheel correctly, but would also provide for very strong wheel suppport.

My concern when using other types of lugnuts would be to try to find one that would be fat enough so that it would contact the wheel up where it is tapered and thick. If the tapered part of the lug nut is too narrow, it may only seat against the flat area around the hole, which would not provide a centering effect as mentioned above, but more important may be the fact that that area of the wheel is very thin and could be subject to easier cracking or even having the wheel break and completely fall off when subjected to heavy stress.

If it were me, I would be very careful when choosing non Peugeot lugnuts.

Rollie

Those are just standard chrome acorn lug nuts. They will work for the stock Subaru's and will work for stell and the 14" alloys from Peugeot. They will not work on the 15" alloys though.

Just out of curiosity. Whats a set of 15" Pug alloys worth? In good shape with crappy tires.

Ya, I just picked up a set of 4 15" alloys in great shape with all 16 lugs and summer shoes for $120. I did call that place in VT like a month and asked how much it would be if I bought from them, the guy said the wheels were $50 a peice, lugs were $10 a peice and I would have to pay shipping. What a crook!!

Ya, I just picked up a set of 4 15" alloys in great shape with all 16 lugs and summer shoes for $120. I did call that place in VT like a month and asked how much it would be if I bought from them, the guy said the wheels were $50 a peice, lugs were $10 a peice and I would have to pay shipping. What a crook!!

Actually, to the Peugeot owner that still has metric wheels it is probably considered a good deal when you consider what replacement tires cost. The guy is obviously taking advantage of people(IMO).