Ultimate Subaru Message Board

t3h hawt interior pics thread

1991 Australian EA82 / L Series that started life off as a DL....

Steering Wheel is off a Legacy GT with the help of a boss/adaptor kit, Upgraded to an RX Dash -:

DSCF0671_Large_.JPG

Pioneer MP3/CD Player, Uniden CB, and an RX Centre Console -:

DSCF0670_Large_.JPG

Many thanks to the people on this board from the US, Canada, and NZ that took the time to send me the RX parts :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1991 Australian EA82 / L Series that started life off as a DL....

Steering Wheel is off a Legacy GT with the help of a boss/adaptor kit, Upgraded to an RX Dash -:

Many thanks to the people on this board from the US, Canada, and NZ that took the time to send me the RX parts :)

that's a mighty fine looking RX guage cluster you got there...:-p :cool:

you gotta hook me up with one of those steering wheels!;)

that's a mighty fine looking RX guage cluster you got there...:-p :cool:

you gotta hook me up with one of those steering wheels!;)

LOL Zefy - yes thats the dash centre you sent me. I bought the steering wheel from NZ - I think they might be in the US/Canada as well...(?) It is a Momo item. You will need the "boss kit" (maybe called an "adaptor kit" over there) to get it on. Let me know if your stuck and interested in getting one.

Jonas, what bulbs does the dash use like that, wouldn't mind trying out blue to match my interior in my brat.

that may be a little difficult. the numbering on the guages comes yellowish orange from the factory. prolly would come out purple-ish, which could be cool! all i did was use a red permenant marker on the back of the numbering and on the bulbs themselves.

I had been thinking of doing that to my dash. Your method seems a lot easier than my idea of swapping in red LEDs for the bulbs.

You can also go to the lighting aisle of your local parts store and their books in the lighting section will tell you what size bulbs are in your dash. You can then buy the appropriate colored bulb in the appropriate size. Using a marker will work, but it may shorten the life of the bulb depending on the compound of the marker (as they may either eat part of the bulb material causing a crack, or they may trap heat in the bulb causing the filiment to burn out prematurely.

There are also "bulb condoms" that you can put on white bulbs to change their color. These are harder to find, but safer than a marker.

Best bet is just to get the correct colored bulb... I've done this before on a Kia and it was awesome. :)

all of you who want to change the colour of you dash... this is how you do it properly so you can change it to ANY colour you'd like...

the only thing i would do differently is not use bulb comdoms... get LED's that fit into the factory slots... they are easy to find on google... many companies make them... once you got those go buy the same colour LED's from an electronics store... then tap into one of the dash light plugs and wire in a pile more lights... this will give it a brighter, better look... do it right and you can get a very nice blue like in the mk4 and mk5 VW's...:)

i am still debating doing this...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=690378&highlight=gauge+color+change

that write up is for a WRX... but the idea is the same...