Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

thinking of re-painting rx

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 subiemech85

subiemech85

SIX STAR SERVICE

• Members
  • 2,710 posts
  • down by the river

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:18 PM

this time with INDUSTRIAL ENAMEL

the rust keeps spreading, stripes were rust-oleum, paint looks kinda crappy, cracking

will probably keep the color scheme with gloss white body, aluminum for the gray bits, and MF red for the stripes, and a gloss black hood

current paint http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=44427

paint supplier http://vansicklepain...mntvsinden.html about $20 a gallon at the farm store

any idea how much paint would be needed?
coverage is approximately 400-450 sq. ft. per gallon

#2 ple1ades

ple1ades

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Reno NV

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:31 PM

So are you selling the CF hood?

#3 mikeshoup

mikeshoup

Ignorant

• Members
  • 2,190 posts
  • City and County of Denver

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:35 PM

So are you selling the CF hood?

Holy crap, this was in another thread. Its not a CF hood, its a CF hood scoop.

#4 TheSubaruJunkie

TheSubaruJunkie

I'M BAAAAAACK!

• Members
  • 1,921 posts
  • Sacramento

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:39 PM

I like that paint you have, sucks about the rust. Im spoiled living in California... not a spec of rust on it.

Where did you get that scoop?

-Brian

#5 Gl-boost

Gl-boost

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:40 AM

I was thinking about painting my Gl-10 also. with normal size cars a galon should do. It only gets bad when you screw up or want alot of coats then you could run out. I think a normal base coat repaint is three coats of paint.

I also have rust and I was going to probly por15 my under side but I don't know yet. I have rust by the back rear sub mounts ( I think thats what they are called, the rear end bolts up here) and was going to weld in metal and cover this up.

#6 rllywgn

rllywgn

Diff Lock Dynamite!

• Members
  • 381 posts
  • Vegas Baby

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:42 PM

2 stage paint, 2 qts color and 2 qts reducer will yield a gollon of sprayable color should be able to cover the car, door jams, and trunk area. unless your going for some heavy coating, single stage paint, you should just need a gallon of this, no clear coat required medium gloss finish unless you really go all out color sanding.

im doing the rattle can spray job on mine... (my are hurts from color sanding) and some of those rust converters seem to do well... i only had a few spots though..

rllywgn

#7 moshem74

moshem74

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:54 PM

o.k. this is the nice'st coupe that you ever saw...paint it in this color , the best :
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users