2 - Kingwill

1 - Subaru3

Total=17

Todd

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright this is great! 24!!! i should prooooobably get another one... but can't afford it... let me think of where money might be hiding and i'll get back to you on the last gasket...:)

i kinda wanna get the one they still have in stock... but i really don't wanna pay 78 bucks for it... :(

Moosens sounds like he can handle this... i don't have paypal(can't really get it either) so its gonna be cash in the mail for me...

i told the guy i'd be getting back to him within a couple days... do you wanna handle it from here on out Moosens? i can set everything up and tell him how we're going to do things...

now i think if everybody acts fast we can have the order taken before the end of the week!:D

yes paypal address would be nice.....And go ahead and put me down for another one....That will be 3 for me making it 25!!!! total for all. If I counted right.:banana:

Is it too late to get in on this? If not, put me down for one or two, whichever rounds out the number best.

Thanks!

OK,as long as nobody disagrees I'll gladly take the responsibility.

Look,here's the deal.I'm totally cool with a few of you young guys,etc. needing some time.I'll cover the initial buy.You guys will pay the price we do as long as you don't pee pee around and take forever to pay.A month,two....that's not so bad to me.I just don't want to sit on a half dozen of gaskets that I'm not personally commited to.If you need 3 months to cover $35.94...then please consider adding some coffee money for making me wait.Thanks.

moosens@yahoo.com for Paypal,that is as long as everybody is ok with me handling this.;)

I really think I'm going to order 30 and take the chance that there'll be a slight demand in the near future.Todd offered to split the remainders for the same reason,when it looked like we were stuck at 19.Maybe he'll split the remainder of 30 with me and he and I will hold ours or try to sell one or two on eBay.

For those buying and extra to sell,good idea.And by all means go ahead and try to sell your now.My extras will be held for a while.I will not be selling any on eBay for months at least,maybe even a year or more.I'm betting that there'll be a few more 70's owners/cars popping up in the next couple of years.

Hey,like the lady told Tony Montana in Scarface....rule number one,don't get high on your own stash....:brow: meaning,unload that extra one for a good $50-60++ if you ask me,maybe more,what the heck.There probably won't be any more produced after this batch,or at least there's none floating around for any less.Supply and Demand,kids.;)

BTW,I have a FedEx Ground account which will save everybody...as long as I'm still welcome there.I might have a problem with the account since one guy claims to have paid Canadian taxes that FedEx was hounding me for.Anyways,I'll check on the status of my account and if there's any trouble I'll still make sure you guys get the best shipping deal.

I'll check back later tonight.

Cheers!

sweeeet... alright here is the info for the guy i was dealing with at PNP...

machine was dealing with a woman (can't remember her name) but she transfered me to a guy named James... his extension is 208 i do believe... if not then just ask for james... (assuming i remember his name aswell...:rolleyes:)

PM me your address so i can mail you some fine canadian currency...:-p

lol calm down! i'll get american bucks for you...:D

i know its sometimes difficult to get rid of our money down there... its like trying to sell a flashlight to a blind person...:rolleyes:

Todd,hold on and I'll let you know.I think I can trust you.:grin:

Reason being,because I'd like to see exactly how many we are going for and how soon these nice folks respond with Payment.;)

So far,just one Paypal notification,and no other contacts.

So people,please do your best to either pay,or let me know how soon you can and exactly how many gaskets you're getting ASAP.

At this price I don't have a problem covering the lot.But naturally I don't want to be holding more than a half dozen or so that folks backed out on.Selling a handful on eBay in the future wouldn't hurt.

So people,please do your best to either pay,or let me know how soon you can and exactly how many gaskets you're getting ASAP.

At this price I don't have a problem covering the lot.But naturally I don't want to be holding more than a half dozen or so that folks backed out on.Selling a handful on eBay in the future wouldn't hurt.

I looked all throughout this thread looking for the amount we would need to pay, but did see anything. Maybe I missed it? Anyway, just let us know what you'd need to cover ALL costs (make sure you're covered). I can send a PayPal to you right away.

Thanks!

Edit:

$ $35.94 for each gasket and please kindly add 3% to your total.Thank you.;)

If you're sending a check or money order,etc. you need only cover the total of the gasket(s) you buy.

Naturally,a Paypal payment through your bank account is best.Safe,fast,and no fee this way.

Shipping will vary,and I'll let each of you know how much individually,I guess.You can send the shipping money when I get the quote.

No sweat,it was back a couple of pages...anyhow....

$35.94 for each gasket and please kindly add 3% to your total should you need to pay with a credit card on Paypal.Thank you.;)

If you're sending a check or money order,etc. you need only cover the total of the gasket(s) you buy.

Naturally,a Paypal payment through your bank account is best.Safe,fast,and no fee this way.

Shipping will vary,and I'll let each of you know how much individually,I guess.You can send the shipping money when I get the quote.

Paul, I think there is a Paypal fee on ANY type of inbound payment, no matter the source if you have upgraded your account. Check on this before you start accepting payments.

I haven't noticed that.Thanks for the heads up,Todd. I'll check it out.Meanwhile I edited my post.

Please add 3% to your total everybody,unless you're sending a check or m/o.

And don't forget that you'll be paying the shipping too,when the time comes.Otherwise I'll hold your gasket hostage.:);)

****And please incluse your board name when you pay.****

Just got a Paypal payment from a name I'm not familiar with.Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Are you still ordering them based on merit? I'm still up for it, I just can't spare the cash right this instant... :(

I'll definitely have the money for you early next month.

All I ask is that you please be totally realistic and give a reasonable date by which you should be paid.If you tell me you need three months or less I'm cool with that.But come the fourth month you might see me listing the remainders on eBay.I'm not trying to be threatening.It's just that I can't afford to put out money for nothing.

You are totally welcome to take some time.Contact me personally so we don't have to air the laundry in the front yard.;)

Don't forget that shipping will probably make it around $40 or so for you,so set that much aside,not just the thirty beans and change,please.Sorry,don't mean to play mom.:)

You got that wagon,now I want to see you make it enjoyable.:-p

OK,but I'm not sending gaskets without being paid.;)

Jerry,sorry,but I whacked your post.

This is not the forum for a group buy for '80-84+++ ,sorry bud.Get one going for the Gen II Brat over in that forum.I think you might not need to though.Has to be a small stash of later produced gaskets out there for those cars.Maybe.:confused:

• 3 weeks later...
yeah, c'mon guys, think of it this way, you like your car right? you wanna still have your car right? without one of these your car WILL rot, no way around it, get it now while it's not that much of an investment, because later the rust repair plus $80 for a gasket will be alot more

Well put,and certainly worth shoving in people's faces a second time.

i've been talking with subaru jim maple ridge and we're planning to group our payment together... but we'd like to pay it all up front... including shipping it to us...

i have no problem paying a little bit more for shipping than it actually costs since i have to pay everytime i convert money to US bucks and when i take out a money order...

so for our 3 gaskets it'll cost 90.84... is there any tax on your end?(i know i'll have to pay tax and duty when it shows up at my door but thats for later)

so how much for shipping? high ball it a bit...:)

i just got some money and hopefully i'll go out to Jim's tomorrow(?) and pick up his money...

thanks a bunch and i'm so sorry for being late with the $$...:o

Greg,

i've been talking with subaru jim maple ridge and we're planning to group our payment together... but we'd like to pay it all up front... including shipping it to us...

i have no problem paying a little bit more for shipping than it actually costs since i have to pay everytime i convert money to US bucks and when i take out a money order...

so for our 3 gaskets it'll cost 90.84... is there any tax on your end?(i know i'll have to pay tax and duty when it shows up at my door but thats for later)

so how much for shipping? high ball it a bit...:)

i just got some money and hopefully i'll go out to Jim's tomorrow(?) and pick up his money...

thanks a bunch and i'm so sorry for being late with the $$...:o

Greg,

Greg,I don't mind you guys sharing expenses at all.But the last Canadian guy apparently never paid the taxes he said he would....still waiting on proof....I guess it's not a big deal to him that FedEx is busting my stones....so,let me sit down one night and figure the taxes and shipping to you,and I'll include the other guy's in there and you two can divide them up in the great white north.;)

No sweat on the timeframe as long as you say you'll not be backing out.

OK,I'll try to get a speadsheet going later.Sorry,but I tend to only have about 10-20 minute sessions on the computer,except late at night.

Greg,I don't mind you guys sharing expenses at all.But the last Canadian guy apparently never paid the taxes he said he would....still waiting on proof....I guess it's not a big deal to him that FedEx is busting my stones....so,let me sit down one night and figure the taxes and shipping to you,and I'll include the other guy's in there and you two can divide them up in the great white north.;)

No sweat on the timeframe as long as you say you'll not be backing out.

just for reference tax is 14% (7% GST and 7% PST... and i am certain duty is payed at the door...:) )

and i won't back out... no worries... haha it'd be funny if i did since i was the one who started up this whole thing...:-p