Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

help me in OLYMPIA, WA

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 thesubarukid

thesubarukid

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Olympia, WA

Posted 03 May 2006 - 12:39 PM

Ok guys if there is someone out there who can give me a hand with my car that would be great! I have to do a ball joint replacement. I have read the manual and I dont think it will be that hard. However I have never done this before. Plus I need to wire up my new radio and put the dash back together. I figure that all this can be done in one days worth of work. So if you are near me and can help me out then let me know when YOU are avaible. I will make myself avaible to your schedual.

I will suppy refreshments, tell me what you want and Ill have it waiting. I would like to thank you in advance

The Kid
Olympia, WA

#2 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,279 posts
  • Portland

Posted 03 May 2006 - 01:23 PM

Ball joint = 1/2 hour easy.

Sorry - not near ya, but if you get down portland way it would be a peice of cake.

GD

#3 thesubarukid

thesubarukid

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Olympia, WA

Posted 03 May 2006 - 02:29 PM

yeah but im afraid to drive the car, the front wheel feels like it wants to fall off.

#4 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:52 PM

PM xsnrg

#5 Beegeer

Beegeer

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • B-HAM

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:55 PM

I'll be in OLY this weekend, I'll bring some tools.

PM me if your game, it's easy... :burnout:

#6 thesubarukid

thesubarukid

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Olympia, WA

Posted 03 May 2006 - 10:37 PM

I'll be in OLY this weekend, I'll bring some tools.

PM me if your game, it's easy... :burnout:

PM sent, I have the tools, ball joint, garage to work in, and ill have beer and pop to drink.

#7 thesubarukid

thesubarukid

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Olympia, WA

Posted 06 May 2006 - 06:46 PM

Hey Beegeer thanks again for helping me with the ball joint, I got the other ball joint. I am going to do the other side tomarrow, now that I know how to do it :)

#8 spanky_pete

spanky_pete

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • Lewis County, WA

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:04 AM

Glad to hear that you got some help with it. If your rig is ready to go by this weekend, you should come down and go wheeling with us.

#9 thesubarukid

thesubarukid

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Olympia, WA

Posted 12 May 2006 - 09:33 AM

I cant yet, no title, no insurance, bearings are shot up front, and I need to do the driver side ball joint still. Last but not least I still need to get a comfy seat up front!:rolleyes:

BUT, I have taken it down in the the Nisqually Valley, along the river and run it on some trails on Fort Lewis. I was going through some deep puddles, got some water somewhere in the engine, it was really sluggish getting it home. The next day took it again, and it ran fine. I also found a leak in my floor board, that was easy to find now that I took all the carpet out!:grin:

So I need a snorkle, but like in Shadys Video and in Austins, I found out that my little wagon will float! I just needed my 9.9 outboard on the back:brow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users