Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ok so my 83 wagon has no title, and the plates expire next month. I have at receit of sall from the owner before me.

So should I try to get a new title or should I leave the car at a junk yard?

THE BAD:

There are alot of issues with the car, the inside is trashed, wheel bearing are shot, front wind-sheild leaks, ect. I am moving in AUG and have no place to keep the car.

THE GOOD:

The body is pretty straight. The engine runs great. The trans works good.

So what do you think?

What's the specs? 4WD? Power steering? What's it got that's rare enough to warrent the work to keep it?

EA81 wagons are a dime a dozen, but if it's special in some way you might consider keeping it. And if you decide to get rid of it at a junk yard, at least let us board members pick the parts from it first..... like if it has power steering I could use that....

GD

I talked to a guy who is the manager of a auto licensing place here in Washington. Told him whats up and he is going to help me out! :headbang:

1st we are going do a search and find out who is the old owner. Next after the old owner releases their interest in my car the I get a new title to the car. Here is the kicker, because I have owned the car for almost a year now with NO title, the state wants a $100 fee from me. Because this guy likes Roos,:burnout: he is going to doctor the paper work for me, and tell the old owner to write is "gift" receipt of sale. So I will only have to pay the $25 to transfer the title! :banana:

• 4 weeks later...
I talked to a guy who is the manager of a auto licensing place here in Washington. Told him whats up and he is going to help me out! :headbang:

1st we are going do a search and find out who is the old owner. Next after the old owner releases their interest in my car the I get a new title to the car. Here is the kicker, because I have owned the car for almost a year now with NO title, the state wants a $100 fee from me. Because this guy likes Roos,:burnout: he is going to doctor the paper work for me, and tell the old owner to write is "gift" receipt of sale. So I will only have to pay the $25 to transfer the title! :banana:

I take it back; you're in Washington state. Did you ever register it with your name? If not, check with the previous owner (if you know him) and ask him to come to DOL with you and get a certificate in lieu of title and have him sign that over to you. Since you're doing it right there, it will only cost you $10 for the certificate and then whatever you need to do to transfer the title.

It would help to know what state you live in since every state is a bit different in how that problem is handled.
Sorry, I didn't read deep enough into your posts. See my other reply. SOOBOUTLAW: The same certificate might work for you if you never transferred the title.