Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The choices...

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#26 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:42 AM

i say that you should just stick with what you know.

im getting close to building up my ea82t.

#27 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:53 PM

AEM with EA82T it is......incase I didnt state that already.

Groundwork has begun on Mahle pistons, new shortblock, new heads, and working on the engine management and intake manifold design.

#28 Jerry DeMoss

Jerry DeMoss

Pushrods 'O' Fury

• Members
  • 2,408 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:08 PM

So what are you planning on doing with the intake manifold?I am sure it will be wicked.:)

#29 jeffast

jeffast

f*** im 24

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • midwestren

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:16 PM

i believe i speak for evreyone when i say
:brow:

#30 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:10 PM

Well, after careful ocnsideration, and many math headaches...the stock 'flat' manifold is just fine. However, I will be bolting a WRX throttlebody onto it to use the MAP sensor and the Idle control valve for the AEM....so I am going to be making a really trick adapter tube for it.

;)

WJM

#31 DerFahrer

DerFahrer

Formerly subyluvr2212

• Members
  • 2,411 posts
  • Orlando, FL

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:37 PM

I was thinking about doing an EA82T too, but I decided against it.

I dunno, it just seems to me like EA engines are workhorses and nothing else. I love EA Subarus, I own two. They're charismatic, quirky, and fun to drive in their own right. But they're not fast :-\. They were never intended for speed. If Subaru wanted them to make big power, they would have done a little better than 2-valve heads and 3-bearing bottom ends.

I'm now getting ready to do an EJ turbo project, but it will be a very weird EJ turbo project, that no one would "bother" doing...

#32 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:06 PM

Not fast huh?

You can tell that to all the WRXs and STi's I've outran with it in the past.

And YES it was reliable for that time. I put 20k miles on it before something happened that it was down for more than a day.....and even then it wasnt something related to the engine internal peices...it was the turbo coolant pipe rubbing on the header, hole was made...leak was created.

240 crank hp and 320 crank tq is not something to shake a stick as...especially with only 2490 lbs of weight with AWD.:burnout:

#33 subyrally

subyrally

Trust your Turbo-Lust

• Members
  • 2,888 posts
  • frederick, md

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:16 PM

will, i love you man. i think you are making the right decision with the ea82t.

when i get my engine done, we gotta get together and compair our cars, and have a cook out.

#34 DerFahrer

DerFahrer

Formerly subyluvr2212

• Members
  • 2,411 posts
  • Orlando, FL

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:16 PM

Not intended to be fast... There, how's that? :lol:

I know how fast your cars were Will. I ran the Dragon once with you, remember? :)

The only thing is though, getting 250hp out of an EA82T and making it reliable (as in, last longer than 20-30k miles) is a LOT of work and hassle. There isn't an EJ engine out there that couldn't make 250hp reliably, provided it's tuned right. Even a turbo'ed NA.

#35 WJM

WJM

SUBARU

• Members
  • 7,828 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 08:25 PM

I have two EA82T's sitting in my bay....unfortunatly....one of the engines, the heads are super cracked JDM style.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users