Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I put outback struts on my '95 Legacy and 15's. Couldn't tell any difference either way, torque or mileage.

Did the same to our '00 Legacy too, including Outback springs (thanks Jamie). Still running the same wheels and tires, but like the 2" or so lift.

if i put outback struts in a legacy, cant ithen run the 15" outback wheles and tires?

my logic tells me i would have beter gas mileage but less torque. bearable or not?

john

its a popular thing to do. Will have zero effect on mpg or power.

nipper

i've never messed with struts, i know you need a spring compressor to seperate the springv from the strut, can you remove the spring / strut assembly from the car without the compressor or seperating them?

its a popular thing to do. Will have zero effect on mpg or power.

nipper

What about the camber adjustment? Will the tires wear out uneven?

Yes, you can remove the entire strut/spring assembly from the car without ever needing the spring compressor.

AWD to AWD swap is okay. But AWD to FWD, bad. The mounting points on the rear knuckles are totally different.

What about the camber adjustment? Will the tires wear out uneven?

You could get a couple of camber adjustment bolts pretty easily and cheaply. That should do the trick. Just make sure you find yourself a real alignment shop who know what they're doing. The typical Sears and Pepboys shop wouldn't know anything outside the factory setup.

Pye