Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

XT6 flywheel in an EA81?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,888 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 31 October 2003 - 05:22 AM

I was wonderin if an XT6 clutch kit and flywheel would fit on/in an EA81? I am planing on gettin an EA81 turbo and makin it a twin turbo so I'd need something to handle the power of it........ especially when I do my beautiful burnouts:D

#2 $J-MoNeY-$

$J-MoNeY-$

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Colorado Springs, CO

Posted 31 October 2003 - 06:15 AM

Whats the process with transplanting a XT-6 flywheel and clutch? Does it just bolt right up and then you have more clamping force for more boost?

#3 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 31 October 2003 - 09:27 AM

i dont think the xt6 flywheel would be an upgrade for an ea81. if you have the bigger flywheel of the ea81s yours already weighs less, or at least just as much. and unless you swap in an ea82, you cant use the xt6 clutch, because the splines on the tranny are different.

#4 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,119 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 31 October 2003 - 11:11 AM

I currently run an XT6 flywheel and clutch assembly in my Brat. I did this for two reasons. First, the higher horse power of my engine required a stronger clutch. And second, I didn't want to burn up a stock EA81 clutch on the first hill climb in California.

Some specs. The XT6 flywheel stock is over 4lbs lighter than the EA81 flywheel. But not so light that you loose centrifical force of the rotating parts.

You are right about using the clutch disc not working on a 4sp D/R. The diameter is the same but the pressure plate has more holding force.

I wouldn't recommend the extra expense for a stock or Weberized motor. Keep in mind that the first motor this was behind was pushing an estimated 150HP. It now sits behind an estimated 120-130HP.

#5 $J-MoNeY-$

$J-MoNeY-$

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Colorado Springs, CO

Posted 31 October 2003 - 11:38 AM

Originally posted by Qman
I currently run an XT6 flywheel and clutch assembly in my Brat. I did this for two reasons. First, the higher horse power of my engine required a stronger clutch. And second, I didn't want to burn up a stock EA81 clutch on the first hill climb in California.

Some specs. The XT6 flywheel stock is over 4lbs lighter than the EA81 flywheel. But not so light that you loose centrifical force of the rotating parts.

You are right about using the clutch disc not working on a 4sp D/R. The diameter is the same but the pressure plate has more holding force.

I wouldn't recommend the extra expense for a stock or Weberized motor. Keep in mind that the first motor this was behind was pushing an estimated 150HP. It now sits behind an estimated 120-130HP.

So it will bolt up to the EA-82 motor, correct?

#6 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 31 October 2003 - 12:37 PM

Correct.. direct swap into an EA82 car

#7 Caboobaroo

Caboobaroo

USMB Drunk

• Members
  • 6,888 posts
  • Oregon City

Posted 31 October 2003 - 01:29 PM

I was planning on also puttin a d/r 5-speed from an EA82 in there with some minor mods. So it will bolt onto the EA81? Oh and I hope to be pushin a little more than 150hp.....:brow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users