Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

EA82 with quad headlights?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,867 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:34 PM

Ok... I gotta know. first time I saw this was on a RX sedan in the city I live near (Adelaide.) Then I saw pics of a wagon on this forum with them. And just the other day I came across this page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/242915

Was this a standard thing on some of the models? Which models were these? Or was it a optional feature? Whats the deal with them?

#2 VaporTrail

VaporTrail

Brattitude Adjustment

• Administrator
  • 11,152 posts
  • Central Iowa

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:37 PM

the DL trim level EA82s had the quads like that....

#3 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:37 PM

EA82 models with the GL designation came with the composite headlamps as well as most options. The less expensive DL model came with quad headlamps, cheaper interior finish, and no tach I believe.

Looks like Mick beat me to it (I'm too wordy). But if you look at the expanded pic of the rear of the wagon on the link you posted, you'll see the subaru DL badging.

#4 mikeshoup

mikeshoup

Ignorant

• Members
  • 2,190 posts
  • City and County of Denver

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:38 PM

DLs, the base model, have the quad sealed beams. The single lenses are considered better because they're not sealed beams, and you don't have four bulbs to replace, only two.

#5 edrach

edrach

RIP 6/28/14

• Members
  • 12,326 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:44 PM

I personally prefer the quads since conversions are less expensive (i.e. actually available....I know of no aftermarket replacement for the composite headlamps) and throw much better light than the composites.

#6 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,867 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:44 PM

I guess Australia didn't get any DL's and this guy put the DL lights on his RX to be different. Interesting. Weird how MY DL's had single headlights and GL's had quad, and then they reversed that.. :-\:rolleyes:

#7 Jerry DeMoss

Jerry DeMoss

Pushrods 'O' Fury

• Members
  • 2,408 posts
  • Colorado

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:19 PM

I guess Australia didn't get any DL's and this guy put the DL lights on his RX to be different. Interesting. Weird how MY DL's had single headlights and GL's had quad, and then they reversed that.. :-\:rolleyes:

Cause mostly outside the U.S. the cool stuff came standard!:rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users