Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Coughing Brat...Update

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 darthsoob

darthsoob

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • tacoma

Posted 07 December 2006 - 07:56 PM

My little Brat has picked up a cough. It runs just great all through town and on the highway, however when I try to up a hill it starts to miss. The steeper the hill the more it coughs. I looked for vacuum leaks and found the vac advance was bad and replaced it. Still coughing up on the hills though. This weekend I am going to replace all the old vacuum lines, new plugs, cap and rotor and do the timing. My question to the board is this; is there anything else I should look for? Any typical problems this might fit? Thanks to all who take the time to look!

#2 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,663 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 07 December 2006 - 08:47 PM

If it´s Carbed (With the Hitachi I Supose) it may be the Secondary Vacuum... Maybe it is Disconnected, or Maybe it isn´t Workin´ Properly...

I Suggest to do all what you said you wanna do, and if Problems Persist, Check Carefully the Secondary of the Craptachi Carb.

Good Luck! :)

#3 P K

P K

Devil Dog Liaison

• Members
  • 1,171 posts
  • Omicron Persei Diego

Posted 08 December 2006 - 03:58 PM

Sounds like clogged fuel filter(s). r/ PK

#4 hatchsub

hatchsub

Currently Subaru-less :(

• Members
  • 2,619 posts
  • Guilford

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:09 PM

I second the clogged fuel filter problem. Replace both (there is one in front of the tank and one in the engine compartment). Also to check if the carb is operating properly just pull the cover off the air cleaner, start the car and rev it up to see if the secondary opens. It should be opening toward full throttle. Hope this helps some

#5 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:05 PM

It could be crap in the carb.

#6 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,340 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:24 PM

I also agree about checking the fuel filter. It may also be a weak fuel pump causing this trouble.

#7 darthsoob

darthsoob

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • tacoma

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:13 PM

Well I was finally able to replace the two filters and it did the trick. Thanks to all who took the time to help!

#8 Cougar

Cougar

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 6,340 posts
  • Anchorage

Posted 16 December 2006 - 10:15 PM

Good deal. Thanks for the update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users