Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I'm sitting in a good looking '92 SVX which will sell at auction in about 30 minutes. When I put it in Drive, it seems to start out in 2nd. When I put it in 1, it will lurch ahead an inch or too, and seem to bind up. It's not as though it's in neutral. it's more like in drive with your foot on the brake. I think it's to be avoided. Any possibility of a cheap fix? Replies after noon CDT will be too late.

Legacy/Impreza Trannies will fit just fine as long as you get a matching rear differential.

If you're going to just part it out, don't even bother buying it. Let somebody who won't do that get it. SVX's are rare enough as it is, we don't need more people killing them off.

Legacy/Impreza Trannies will fit just fine as long as you get a matching rear differential.

If you're going to just part it out, don't even bother buying it. Let somebody who won't do that get it. SVX's are rare enough as it is, we don't need more people killing them off.

its very easy to pass judgement on a car you have never seen :Flame:

May be late, but the car needs a transmission. The usual repair is have the original one rebuilt with a kit that corrects the problem for a lot of money, replace the tranny (and rear diff it think) with one from a legacy (a retrofit) or install a 5 speed.

Teh trannies on AWD svx's had design issues so they tend to cook themselves.

nipper