Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Allied Armament's old buy thread, you all got your stuff yet?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that if you posted pics it would help get some more interest!!!!!

+1 on this. photos are what sold me. The one where you have your wagon backed up on some sort of ledge and your under it looking at the rear diff. thats the one that i thought was bad rump roast. that and that damn video of i think Albie forging that lake or pond or what ever. i still show that to people and they get a kick out of it. Oh oh and the one where he jumped it. People like that one too.

Most people when they think lifted subaru they probably have no idea what the heck you are talking about. It was Albie monster wagon that converted a friend of mine. He went a got an 89 gl wagon and keeps on bugging me about lifting it.

So if all goes like i plan I will be putting in an order for 2 lifts for an ea82. But need to make sure he can come up with the money first.

But if you want to make you subaru line popular use Albies monster wagon as advertising. That thing is damn impressive and no one can not think that thing is cool.

good luck

Sorry If I haven't gotten back to anyone right now via phone and message. I'm down in San Diego visiting my brother he just got voted best chef of San Diego and were eating like hogs, no time for internet.

Anyways, The skid plate will work on both models EA 81 and Ea 82.

We don't make them for the EJ 25 yet.

I had another post here with some pictures, but it had some pictures of guns in it and I guess that's against the rules. So I'll try to get some none gun car pictures.

How do the lift kits affect camber? Will i be able to drive long distances without eating up my tires, or will my subie be strictly off-road after lifting?:eek:

I haven't had any problems with mine. I've had it for about a year now and no issues. The camber on the front is a bit different but had my alignment done after lift install and tire wear has been even ever since. I keep up on rotating my tires every other oil change. I drive alot of HWY miles for work. Figure about 23,000 miles on lift so far.

well they said to leave messages and requests on here and they would take orders till the 15th.:banana:

But to take orders you have to acknoledge them. i sent them a private email i hope that gets answered. i have a check here from my insurance company that would pay for the kit :clap:

nipper

Would love to have custom bumpers and a swing gate but after looking at this post I see I have plenty of work in redoing my lift kit before I move on to any thing else.

I'm open to tips on how to redesign my lift as I don't have mtnman38's experience and knowledge.

Gathering parts to redo the steering set up right now as I'm not thrilled with that set up either.

Stumpy

do your lifts for EA81 still have the same design with round rear lift blocks and non guseted shock exstentions

mustach bar bolts need to be longer they have about a 1/4 inch of thread in the metal

There is a definate camber problem as well you need to adjust your angle cut on front strut mounts

if so I would spend some time on a redesign because round blocks shift and roll front to back and side to side

causing your mustach bar to bend and your drive axel in the rear to pop out making 4wd useless

also the blocks shift causeing the bolts to break and it destroys the mounting points on the car itself

also the round blocks are just small enough that they press them selves thru the sheet metal on the body making your car schrink each time you use it

I had to redesign the rear end and weld new 1/4 in steel plates for the new assemble to sit on and put new bolt mounts on the plates before welding them on to the body

So basiclly the old desigh has desroyed my brat if I did not have a shop or fab exsperiance this would have totaled my brat because the stock rear suspention assembly would no longer stay attached to the car

So fair warning

feel free to pm me with questions

also I sold three of these lifts to my friends from the first group buy

they have all failed from the same problems

This is not the first time I have discussed these problems with AA I spoke to ALBIE many times thier final answer on the problem was

"there is not enough money in the old suby stuff so we are not going to redesign"

Im not tring to start a fight here I just want everyone on the board to be aware I said nothing for so long cause AA stopped selling this stuff before it failed

I have only delt with ea81 and ea82 kits from AA

Ea82 kits have yet to devlope problems as far as I know ELTORO and ninja ben have used these lifts for a while

Thanks LT

Albie,

I spoke to you on the phone about buying the EA82 kit (WITH OUT)

4 inch front strut towers , as I explained ON THE PHONE I already have AA 4 INCH STRUT TOWERS.

What I do need is:

(1) EA82 kit (WITH OUT) the front strut towers

(1) EA82 4 inch SKID PLATE.

Can you adjust the cost and p.m. me how much. and when they will be ready .thanks.