Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Bumpers offroad type

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,625 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 24 February 2008 - 02:07 PM

Nice, That's just what I'm lookin for. A high clearance simple tuff bumper with a little Stinger and healthy yanker pionts. Can't wait :banana:

Heres some leaked info I found, I understand this is currently under deveopement in the Idea and engneering stage this is not the final design, I understand it will also have ends capped with another recovery point at the ends

Posted Image

#27 Bucky92

Bucky92

Drive Fast, Take Chances

• Members
  • 3,664 posts
  • New Milford

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:58 AM

Scott..you have PM with an Evil Idea:)

#28 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,625 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:00 PM

Heres a front view of the bumper design, I have most the design details worked out, now to get quotes on the material and labor costs , what I would like to do is have 10 bumpers built up, now I dont have the working capital (money) to do that so this will have to wait or if I had some of you place orders backed by full payment in advance then I could finance the project and introduce a new product into the world of Subarus , I figure within a week I should know the costs .SJR

Posted Image

#29 croak

croak

let it snow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • reno

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:17 PM

What About Us EA-81 Guys?? will it fit as is, or could you just move the mounts slightly

thanks
croak

#30 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,625 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:19 PM

What About Us EA-81 Guys?? will it fit as is, or could you just move the mounts slightly

thanks
croak

this is for both the EA81 AND EA82 Model, comes with bolts and shackles

#31 True2Blue

True2Blue

SU<3ARU

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Belfair WA

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:04 PM

not to burst your bubble but tube bumpers are not legal, the troopers up at wilkison said you have to have 4 inches of flat surface for it to be a legal bumper

#32 TheYeti

TheYeti

Carp in Denim!

• Members
  • 501 posts
  • Arvada

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:19 PM

And clearly, the troopers have way too much time on their hands if they are harassing old subie drivers with nifty bumpers.

:)

#33 [HTi]Johnson

[HTi]Johnson

Head Trauma, inc.

• Members
  • 1,512 posts
  • Coburg, Or.

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:51 PM

not to burst your bubble but tube bumpers are not legal, the troopers up at wilkison said you have to have 4 inches of flat surface for it to be a legal bumper

Not hard to do when ya make a bumper out of 2 pieces of 2 inch square tube

#34 True2Blue

True2Blue

SU<3ARU

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Belfair WA

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:16 PM

i know cops are crackin down, juss a friendly fyi

#35 3eyedwagon

3eyedwagon

Build it, don't buy it!

• Members
  • 708 posts
  • Apache Junction

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:12 PM

Posted Image
The upright connectors between the two pipes can count in most situations. If the total flat surface area of the uprights in betwixt:rolleyes:, and the "flat" surface of the round tube makes 4 inches in height, you would be all legit. At least that's how a bunch of my police buddies, and I read/interpreted it.

That was a good portion of my inspiration for the design of my front bumper.

Posted Image

It is a tube bumper. BUT the uprights, and flat plate (even smaller sections of it than this) still count as "a technically flat surface". It's all really about interpretation of the law I guess. If a cop wants to hose ya, he's gonna hose ya.

#36 RavenTBK

RavenTBK

Professional Auto Thief

• Members
  • 661 posts
  • Apalachicola Natl Forest

Posted 12 July 2008 - 10:03 PM

Posted Image

What about EJs? Specifically, 06 Outbacks? :D I'm still kinda dreaming at this point, but WTH right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users