Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thanks to all that joined us on the Hatch Patrol Xmas run!!

Thanks Ken for a great time. A pleasure following Zap up the hill and having you as backup behind.

For those of you who missed it, this has been the best run in the 6 years I've done it. The most people, the most snow on the ground, and the most fun.

Jrach scored two nice trees for his home and mine. Kind of scary for his old man seeing how high he climbed up the side of a mountain to get them.

I'll post pics as soon as I can get them out of the camera.

Patience guys. I got home at 7pm, had to warm up and have some supper. Here's the few shots I took today.

McD5.jpg

Parking lot at McDonald's in Enumclaw.

Approach2.jpg

View from my Impreza with Jrach driving. Still about 10 miles from the turn into the forest.

Approach4.jpg

View out my side window; still 8 miles for so from entering the forest.

Approach7.jpg

Finally entering the forest; waiting for traffic to clear.

Park3.jpg

A portion of the staging area. A place to play in the snow or prepare to go out and fetch a tree.

View2.jpg

View from the road where we stopped to pick up a few trees.

Jrach.jpg

Jrach on the side of the hill cutting down the first of two trees. Hard to tell but he's up the side of the hill about 100 feet. This shot taken with my telephoto on 40X.

Ratty2Austin.jpg

Ratty2Austin and his mini snowboard. Austin generates his own heat; note the cooler person to his right.

Group2.jpg

Most of the group who were present today.

You can see the rest of my pics at http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=1093

I am so jealous of you guys. The most snow we get here is about 4 inches a year, all it does is rain.
Well, Seattle doesn't often get snow; mostly rain. But the mountains are within an hour's drive.

Remember, some of these pics were taken at 4000 and 5000 feet above sea level. When we started out at McD's it was raining; ten miles later (and 1000 feet higher), it turned to snow.

Plus this is my 6th year of doing this, and this is the most snow I've seen; usually it's not quite this deep until we get much higher than we could go this year.

Yesterday was a Bratload of fun. :)

Fun snow, fun cars, and most of all, fun people, many of whom contributed to everyone's entertainment with impromptu hillclimbs, donuts, rally turns, snowboarding (and wipeouts), or simply by serving as everyone's favorite snowball target.

Great pictures, Ed!

I had a busy afternoon and evening after we got back, so I haven't had a chance to download my pictures yet, but I should get them online today after work.

Thanks to all contributing to the fun, most notably Zap and Qman. Also special thanks to Qman's wife for catering the event.

I recon we got out of there just in time. When the party started breaking up I went out to the end of road 70 and explored some other roads. About the time it was getting dark the chinook wind started gusting and I decided it might be time leave. Trees were coming down and I had to clear a couple of smaller ones to get out. Would have been fun to stay to watch the storm but glad to get out when I did.

showphoto.php?photo=18471&cat=500&ppuser=584What a great time...:rolleyes:
Maybe this will explain it better for you?!? :confused:

Park3.jpg

Park1.jpg

That's 20 Subarus + 14(only 4 were ours) non-Subaru vehicles in this spot alone. Some were already playing away from the day camp. I believe we had 25 Subarus all together.

Does that make it any more impressive for you?

Maybe this will explain it better for you?!? :confused:

Park3.jpg

Park1.jpg

That's 20 Subarus + 14(only 4 were ours) non-Subaru vehicles in this spot alone. Some were already playing away from the day camp. I believe we had 25 Subarus all together.

Does that make it any more impressive for you?

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showphoto.php?photo=18482&cat=500

It looked like 26 to me?

Count them one more time.:lol:

I only wish it was not such a drive for me.

As many saw the front wheel drive honda was no match for the elements. neither was the 86 gl wagon I left at home with charging system "issues", never the less we had a great time playin in the snow. I don't think the weather could have been better ! and the lil 2 mile walk back to the car was just enought to WIPE OUT the kids for a pleasant....... Quiet drive home.

:clap:

That was a lot of fun! I'm glad I came, kinda wished I had my own car to goof off in, but at least the snow-toys were still pretty entertaining :grin:

I uploaded all my pictures- about 215 of them! so enjoy- here is the link for my gallery

I will post a few here as well, but the rest can be viewed or downloaded from that link :burnout:

smashin' the RX!

228054090-M.jpg

a very pretty drive up!

228084848-M.jpg

228089417-M.jpg

Rob doing the mini hill climb

228044602-M.jpg

Matt's snow-toilet...

228102195-M.jpg

Sledding and crashing!

228094791-M.jpg

Drifting!!!

228040913-M.jpg

228041408-M.jpg

3rd row seating in an impreza...

228051642-M.jpg

everyone

228028442-M.jpg

:headbang:

~Austin

I did make it....little did I know I was just on the other side of fs rd 72 beyond the gate....near Dalles ridge....and lightning creek...

I had to chain up the front as it was pretty slick...I pulled a subaruban that got stuck next to me(not the tahoe in the pic)....then on the way down I pulled a 2 gen outback that slid the back end into a ditch...

From ther I headed over to Suntop...fs rd 73 and broke trail where the other 4x4's couldn't go any farther...:lol:

I had forgotten the turnoff.....and then found you guys...:banana:

I had a great time even though it was short and sweet with the group..did a few cookies and hill climbs...after most of the group left..wahoo....:headbang:

I then endured the brutal drive down in the rain from hell..:eek:

here's some pics...:burnout:

note the blue sky...! and the White river ...is truly white!!!

lightningout.jpg

lightningcrk.jpg

draggin.jpg

P1010019-1.jpg

P1010020-1.jpg

P1010022.jpg

I did make it....little did I know I was just on the other side of fs rd 72 beyond the gate....near Dalles ridge....and lightning creek...

I had to chain up the front as it was pretty slick...I pulled a subaruban that got stuck next to me(not the tahoe in the pic)....then on the way down I pulled a 2 gen outback that slid the back end into a ditch...

From ther I headed over to Suntop...fs rd 73 and broke trail where the other 4x4's couldn't go any farther...:lol:

I had forgotten the turnoff.....and then found you guys...:banana:

I had a great time even though it was short and sweet with the group..did a few cookies and hill climbs...after most of the group left..wahoo....:headbang:

I then endured the brutal drive down in the rain from hell..:eek:

here's some pics...:burnout:

note the blue sky...! and the White river ...is truly white!!!

Nice pics. Is that the suburban you rescued?

I ended up having second thoughts about going just after it was too late to catch you to caravan up (I do this alot, change my mind about going places the minute after the last minute:rolleyes: ). Then I find you were an hour late anyway! hehe oh well, always next year. Glad you go to have an adventure and all ended up well at the end of the day.

Lots O Fun :banana:

I got some video and will post it as soon as I can figure out my editing software.

:burnout:

It's up:banana: http://www.treemo.com/users/r_kirky/channel/item/224884/

First video on my new camcorder

I am still figuring out my software. I think I need to compress it differently (looks very grainy) Sorry Caboobaroo I missed the hill jump and to everyone else I left out. Don't worry by next year I'm sure I will be a seasoned pro.:Flame:

• 2 weeks later...