Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Transmissions in Sacramento?

Where would be a good place in Sacramento, CA to get a 4spd Dual Range transmission? I tried one shop in Rancho Cordova, who kept saying only a transmission from a brat would work in a brat, which they dont have parts for. I don't want to go through the conversion to a 5spd right now, I just want to get it running so I want a decent tranny. If I have to hit PnP I will, its just there is no way of knowing the quality from there.

if you don't mind the drive there was an 83 wagon at the stockton pick-n-pull last sun when i was there. odo shows 129k and its a d/r 4speed. i almost pulled it myself but i do want to do the 5speed conversion. if you're gonna nab it, better hurry. they don't leave them out there long once a hood and fender are missing.:grin:

are there any good d/r 5speeds in sac/rancho cordova p-n-p's? as far as 5speeds there's only s/r's in modesto and a ft4wd rx in stockton.

btw, i'm sure you know that shop is wrong - any ea81 d/r 4speed is fully compatable with any 4wd ea81 car.

Yep I know the shop is wrong, is why I dont wanna do business there. Im not sure what 5 spd's the PnP up here have, usually they ahve a decent selection of subs though. Ill prob be there this weekend, if I see any Ill post back here.

Just came back from the Rancho PnP, They had about 20 cars there, all most all were D/R 5spds, not a single 4spd manual to be had in the lot. Guess the old 4 spd are getting impossible to find.

there was an 83 wagon at the stockton pick-n-pull last sun when i was there. odo shows 129k and its a d/r 4speed.

there was an 83 wagon at the stockton pick-n-pull last sun when i was there. odo shows 129k and its a d/r 4speed.

I would have headed out there today, but also have to help my friend with his Miata which needed a transmission replacement as well this weekend. Maybe Ill try again next weekend for Stockton and the ones up here for the tranny. Less folks on the forum have the parts I need, then Ill buy em here. Always prefer my moneys going to real folks and not companies.