Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I got to see the new 2010 Legacy up close and personal Wednesday evening.

In person the front and back of the Legacy look great! The interior is very nice. The side? The slab of wheel wells make the 18 inch wheels get lost in there. The wheel wells look like a 1966 Olds Toronado. It looks way odd.

The Outback can't be told from the Tribecaa that was parked next to it. It is also unbelievably tall. I am 5' 8 and it was just taller than me! Think real jacked up SUV looking, crossed with a mini van!

In short I might buy a sedan but since it is not a wagon it does not have enough room for 4 adults and camping gear. The Outback? It looks tall enough to flip it in High Speed Autocross.

Judging from the Subs from the last few years they have been infected by the ownership stake of GM a few years back.

Think lack of gauges, chrome slathered on with a trowel and just bigger with no personality.

I got to see the new 2010 Legacy up close and personal Wednesday evening.

In person the front and back of the Legacy look great! The interior is very nice. The side? The slab of wheel wells make the 18 inch wheels get lost in there. The wheel wells look like a 1966 Olds Toronado. It looks way odd.

The Outback can't be told from the Tribecaa that was parked next to it. It is also unbelievably tall. I am 5' 8 and it was just taller than me! Think real jacked up SUV looking, crossed with a mini van!

In short I might buy a sedan but since it is not a wagon it does not have enough room for 4 adults and camping gear. The Outback? It looks tall enough to flip it in High Speed Autocross.

Judging from the Subs from the last few years they have been infected by the ownership stake of GM a few years back.

Think lack of gauges, chrome slathered on with a trowel and just bigger with no personality.

Don't forget that toyota is dabbling in subaru now.

And I have noticed a trend of gawd awful quantities of chrome on the new

toyota's as well.

And poo.

I think the designers at subaru have lost their minds.

They need to come up with some sort of new design, not recycle everyone

else's.

Twitch

Don't forget that toyota is dabbling in subaru now.

And I have noticed a trend of gawd awful quantities of chrome on the new

toyota's as well.

And poo.

else's.

Twitch

i think they are just using the tool and dies from the tribeca to get thier moneys worth out of it. Hopefully the next go round they will start getting back to wagons, or even what they are getting in Oz, which is smaller version of the 2010.

nipper

And poo.

else's.

Twitch

Yes, it does indeed appear that they have indeed lost their minds. The headlights make it look a little like Amy Winehouse just had a 3-way with a Suzuki SX4 and the new Impreza while on crack; the grille is something ripped and twisted out of a Lexus GX SUV with excessive chrome thrown in.

They blended the tail lights from a G35 and a Sonata into a strange mixture, and threw in a bit of ground Lexus IS seasoning to a Honda accord base and set the oven on broil to get the body lines.

SUBARU, WTF HAPPENED TO YOU!!!??? Seriously man, they do need to get back to their roots.

Yes, it does indeed appear that they have indeed lost their minds. The headlights make it look a little like Amy Winehouse just had a 3-way with a Suzuki SX4 and the new Impreza while on crack; the grille is something ripped and twisted out of a Lexus GX SUV with excessive chrome thrown in.

QUOTE]

ROFL!

FAR too generic looking for my tastes. I enjoy a vehicle that stands a little apart from the rest of the herd.

That Tribeca shot you posted Nipper, it looks damned near identical to an Acura MDX!