Ultimate Subaru Message Board

anyone here speak hypothetical?

so lets say i just had a power moonroof replaced on my 05 xtobw. also lets say this car was 7 months out of warranty and the dealer was unable to tell me why the roof got stuck in the open position. or get it to close. the car also may have less than 35k miles on it. lets also say i wanted to write a letter to SOA and plead my case, as it were. to what address would i write so the correct eyes read my letter? i will also explain ive participated in every soob questionairre they sent me as well as an online focus group of 300 soobie owners for almost 10 weeks and unpaid to boot. i have urged people to purchase soobs coz they are reliable and my power moonroof gets stuck open and i had to shell out over 1700usd for a new roof. the old motor works fine as the mechanic let me salvage it. he is a nice guy and has worked on my car for the past 3 years. him, i trust. but the more i think about, the more i think a roof with less than 500 openings and closings should not fail.

Edited by xdeadhead

xdeadhead,

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

In the past, on a Toyota Cressida, I have been where you are now. In that case, I wrote a letter to the customer relations department that was friendly, but firm. In it I related to the problem that my sunroof computer was just out of warranty, and that I had been a faithful customer for many years, etc., etc., and that I hoped that their attention to this matter would be fair. I also suggested that their response would help me to decide whether or not I purchased from their competitors at my next car trade. I received a phone call within 3 weeks time from the dealership, requesting that I bring my car in for the replacement of the sunroof computer, all free of charge.

Its certainly worth the effort to write the letter, and possibly follow it up with a phone call or two. Be sure to be firm but friendly, and to suggest that you just want to be treated fairly, and not feel that you've been taken for a ride.

Even prior to that episode I had a similar situation with the rearend on a Corvette that I had bought new, and had gone south just outside of the warranty. In this case, again I wrote the letters, and made the phone calls, and GM gave me the parts for free if I agreed to pay for the labour for the repairs. It wasn't exactly what I wanted, but it was far better than having to foot the entire bill.

Good Luck, and keep us posted!

cmon now, none of you has a good snail addy for someone at SOA?

Lets jus say someone googled Subaru of America and found thier New Jersey Address :P

Be overly nice to them, tell them you have been a loyal customer ever since Subarus were sold in this country, and how you named your children after Subarus.

It cant hurt to ask.

nipper

• Like 1

uh hahaha i only posted cause for the past 3 years of reading these forums, i figured maybe someone here had a better addy than what was in the manual or on the web. like maybe a sub. dept (no pun intended) of customer relations. thanks for the responses. i would totally go for paying the labor if they reimbursed me for the 1100 usd part.

Edited by xdeadhead

• 3 years later...