Ultimate Subaru Message Board

coilover sleeves?

I'm looking to install some coilover sleeves and mount them in a way that gives my GL-10 about 1.5-1.75" of lift. Anybody know where I can get some coilovers sleeves that will fit around stock shocks? I've yet to find GL-10 coilovers sleeves and I heard somewhere that Honda Civic sleeves will fit, but I don't know which Civic it is or even if that's true.

they're usually pretty generic. ones for a subaru impreza will work pretty well on an EA82. stock rear springs are 2.5" inner-diameter...so if you get sleeves that use a 2.5" ID spring, they'll fit perfectly with the stock rear tophats.

BUT, springs alone are not a good way to lift a subaru. it will just limit (if not eliminate) suspension travel. SJR makes a nice 2" lift kit that will give you the extra ride height, but you won't be any closer to the limit of the shock/strut travel, and using stock spring rates.

Scorpion used to make 2" lift springs for EJ-series Subarus that were spring ONLY, and read nothing but good reviews from people that put them on their cars, so I figure 1.5" should be fine. I basically just need a stiffer spring rate and a little extra tire clearance. I'd actually probably just set it up about 3/8" higher in the front to help level it and go with less than 1.5" in the back.

I know ppl hate using bigger springs on this board, but I have 1987 Honda Accord 5 speed without A/C Front Springs mounted on my rear struts.. I love them I cant stand driving a EA series car with out them. I actually had to take an inch of lift out of rear lift kit so I wasnt snapping axles left and right. People say it limits suspension, but I can still bottom out my struts when I'm 4 wheeling so I dont really see what they mean by it.

I know ppl hate using bigger springs on this board, but I have 1987 Honda Accord 5 speed without A/C Front Springs mounted on my rear struts.. I love them I cant stand driving a EA series car with out them. I actually had to take an inch of lift out of rear lift kit so I wasnt snapping axles left and right. People say it limits suspension, but I can still bottom out my struts when I'm 4 wheeling so I dont really see what they mean by it.

It would limit your down travel, not your uptravel, but not by much, i'd assume