Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Part interchange

I've got an '80 wagon and have been searching old post trying to glean info on pars interchangeability and from what I can tell i should be good if I stick to the 80 to 84 years for body and chassis parts, and engine swaps between 1980 1987. Does this sound right to you guys?

Only thing I would watch is the engine years, since the EA81 was still made and available in the GL hatchbacks and Brats till '88 I beleive. The GL/DL wagons and sedans from '85 to '94 all have the EA82 engine, which isn't interchangable with the EA81 parts (Few little things, yea. but not much) So if you are looking at parts for an '87 - make sure it is a 2-door Hatchback not a wagon or coupe.

-Tom :)

An '80 wagon would be an EA71 (1600). So your options are limited unless you swap both the engine and tranny for an EA81 and associated transmission.

'80/'81 are years that I avoid because the differences are just too much to bother with unless you have a lot of time and money.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder

An '80 wagon would be an EA71 (1600). So your options are limited unless you swap both the engine and tranny for an EA81 and associated transmission.

'80/'81 are years that I avoid because the differences are just too much to bother with unless you have a lot of time and money.

GD

Oh, non of the '80 wagons had the EA81 unlike the Brat? Didn't know that.

Thanks GD :)

-Tom