Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where can I find a used 2.2 in WA?

Hey all,

I'm just curious if anyone has any suggestions on where I can find a junkyard or used 2.2 in WA. I live in central WA. Either way, I am currently trying to contact junkyards, but I figured if anyone could point me in the right direction, it'd be helpful...

What prices would a pull a part be? I've heard people say that you can find these motors for $150... My local place wanted $500
The three local Pull a Part yards closest to Seattle charge $100 for the engine; but if you pull it with the alternator, flywheel, manifold etc., they ding you for the extras...so maybe as high as $150. Watch the cars as they come in and get a low miles car (100 to 150K) with body damage (so you know it was running when it was hit). Not a bad deal since there's a 30 day return policy if you get a really bad one (remember to keep the receipt and have them mark everything they bill you for). Last engine I got came out of a wrecked '84 Hatch which I installed on our Brat. Still running just fine after 7 years.

The Nisqually Yard (non pull a part) usually charges around $350 if you "negotiate" a while. But there aren't any guarantees.