Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Thinkin about selling the old boy

yeah i cant wait for a subaru drivetrain in a honda. oil changes, gas, thats it, for over 225k miles.

I cannot go without AWD now i have tasted it, my driveway won't work with fwd only. Plus the safety factor of how Subaru is far superior in crash testing, all the way back to the ea81 cars, subaru is a much safer safety cage structure than Honda, GM, isuzu, etc.. I have never had an accident ( i am 35) its the safety to protect me from the normal people who crash a car every 3 or 4 years......I live around them, work with them, save me from being killed in a crash by them...I know my driving skills are superior in comparison, so give me the car to protect me safely, and Subaru is the car. Plymouth 1 or 2 star. Gm= 3 star.... Subaru, 5 star, and believe me, the old subaru's are where they got the structure of current cars from, they are tanks, yours, etc. Most other cars, not safe in comparison. Caprice, maybe 1 star at best...

Ho HO Ho.

You are only partially correct. Obviously, your 35 yrs makes you an expert and everyone else knows nothing. Back off the slams to others and think before you speak.

Dude, if you have something that provides what you need do it. Subaru is not the end all of auto's. I have owned, driven, worked on and destroyed too many different cars to remember. I have owned over a hundred Subaru's. 10 different Chevy trucks, a couple fords, Olds, Chevy... every brand has a benefit. Some have more than others some less. The most important thing is to find the one that fits what you need at the moment. Be it a Subaru or a Plymouth it really doesn't matter. Anyone who thinks otherwise is extremely naive and uneducated.

Hey hiney, what makes your skillz better than others. Driving school, million miles over the road or just your ego? Seriously, that statement is over the top to say the very least. :rolleyes:

have owned more cars than i care to think about - mostly american made (ford, chevy, dodge) to be honest - Subaru is the only "import" brand I have ever owned over the years (and i am 46) All had thier pluses, all had thier minuses - the Subaru - for me at least - has been the easiest car to own & work on (short of my 67 F250 with 0 electronics! lol)

I am also a long haul truck driver with nearly 2,000,000 miles behind the wheel (of trucks - not counting car miles here) - 18 yrs worth. So driving is a way of life for me (and something I usually enjoy)

there have been times when i cursed my Surbaru a blue streak & was ready to chuck it in favor of something else, but other times when i wouldnt have traded it for anything (more of those to be sure!). Yes they can be problematic sometimes (lack of funds for minor repairs can be a real b#%! been there too)

so i can fully understand where Ben & Guido are at right now. If it wasnt for some of the members of this board (you know who you are! & thank you!) i would have given up on Subaru long ago.

Ben - that box of parts will be sent down to you very soon - pay me when you can, even if it is just a few bucks at a time :) I sincerely hope that what is in it can help get Guido back to where he is more reliable for you and your family.

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Holiday!! :banana:

Thanks my friend. Buy the way, this wasnt a bash subaru and go to the old american standbuy thread. I was just frustrated because so much to do and it keeps mounting up. And i happened to see a 88 caprice in my price range. Thats all, if i found anything decent shape i would consider it.

And brent, i dont know what it is you do or say but you p*** people off very easly on here. Ive meet you many times and your a fun guy.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Jus because i am very opinionated, doesnt mean it should p o peoples.

Anyhow, here is my view of Caprice enjoy

3n43ke3o45U55P95Sa9cefbf41a6867bd1880.jpg

Just get whatever is in good shape and needs no work at a good price. I don't think Iowa is the bestest of places to look for this old of car. rusty and hard to work on due to rusted bolts. The Newton junkyard has hundreds, possibly thousands of older GM cars, lines up and down for as far as you can see, so parts will be easy to find. I can guess why there are so many of those in the junkyard, same with plymouths, tempos, ltds, etc. the cars people keep on the road longest are not GM, Ford, etc. In real world experiences, Foreign cars last longer and run for more miles. I hope you stick with Subaru, or Honda, or Toyota if venture to the dark side. These cars are more built in the USA, in US factories, as well. When people say they buy Ford because its a American company, and then have them try to find on it where its made in the USA. My Subaru has a sticker on it right on the side window, proudly showing its made in the USA. Ford, made in Mexico sticker, or Canada etc. My opinions, are sometimes incorrect.

Edited by bheinen74

dude, i am sorry to hear of all the troubles with the sube, i totaly understand that, i considered selling my xt not too long ago, you just gotta way the pros and cons of your decision. caprices definatly will keep chugging along and chevy parts are redicusly cheap and available. i've owned a monte carlo and z/28 myself, i know chevys in and out but i gotta say with that car expect tie rods ball joints, etc etc. not to mention the gas milage.

it's all up to you man, but make sure your making the right choice.

good luck man -Ryan

Jus because i am very opinionated, doesnt mean it should p o peoples.

Anyhow, here is my view of Caprice enjoy

3n43ke3o45U55P95Sa9cefbf41a6867bd1880.jpg

Just get whatever is in good shape and needs no work at a good price. I don't think Iowa is the bestest of places to look for this old of car. rusty and hard to work on due to rusted bolts. The Newton junkyard has hundreds, possibly thousands of older GM cars, lines up and down for as far as you can see, so parts will be easy to find.

Your opinion has nothing to do with PO people. It is simply your delivery. You shoot your mouth off with nothing to back it up with. You quote people singling them out with bashing their opinions with your own. Treat people better and they will not get PO'd at you.