Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I heard there brighter .........other than that I know zilch

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-SUBARU-LEGACY-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-MINT-OEM_W0QQitemZ370312846908QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item56385d9e3c

what do you guys know

Pros

cons

are they glass or plastic

wiring scale 1 to 10 one being easy

bulbs easy to get

you know the rest

thank you

Bob

Japanese drive on the left side of the road. Their light patterns favor the left shoulder. We drive on the right. Our lights tend to favor the right shoulder. Until recently with these damn Xenon lights in new cars, they just point in the damn sky and blind everyone coming or going. :mad: And Toyotas and BMWs are the worst offenders.

Because they drive on the opposite side of the road in Japan the reflectors in the back of the headlight housing are calibrated accordingly. The lense on the left side would be aimed further out to light up the shoulder in Japan, whereas here it would be shining directly into the oncoming lanes.

they will blind unless you fix the pattern and I don't mean trying to adjust them to the full length they can move.. I removed mine and sanded down the cutoff and made one for a LHD car. I've never been flashed once and that's almost a year I've had my car and 12 hour multi-state road trips.

If your looking for some brighter lights..Ive seen some good prices on some HID kits also I just put Silverstars in my legacy and they are an amazing improvement for around $30.....along with that polish the headlight housings and you should be good to go...;)

+1 on the silverstar's - good bulbs.

I don't like the JDM/EDM headlight assemblies simply because they are glass. With the plastic you can buff them out and clean them up. If the glass cracks you are screwed and you can't just pop down to the local yard and pickup a replacement.

I'm not a fan of the HID stuff either - blinding and dangerous and uneccesary IMO. The HID "kits" are to be avoided for the most part since the reflectors in the stock assemblies are not designed for the high output and will not focus the beams properly.

If you need more light get the Silverstar's, or a set of aux driving lights or offroad lights if that's what you need them for.

GD