Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I need another ea82 to stare at! *NOW WITH PICS*

Hey i just finished putting my gl wagon back together after a engine reseal and now its not wanting to do anything when i turn the key on. i am able to turn the hazards on and the radio gets power but the interior lights dont turn on or the gauge cluster, and the windows dont work. also im not getting the tick tick sound from under the hood which you get just from turning the key to the on position. and obviously when i try to turn the key to turn it over it does nothing. also i have checked all the dash fuses and they are all good and i checked the 3 cord fuses above the ignitor and they are good. so with that being said does anyone have any suggestions as to what i could have missed or is anyone be willing to come down to the orting (5 minutes from puyallup) area so i can stare at their working motor to see what i missed. ill throw in some gas money for your troubles. anyway i work nights so it would be nice if we could meet between 9am-1am (somewhere in that window) if somebody is willing to come down. call me if you can anytime it doesnt matter 253 380 3250

Edited by nocashrider

Hey dude, I got a 1990 loyale turbo... so most of it's the same. I can come down and visit ya, but not tomorrow/today whatever day it is. I actually work nights as well so that timing is fine for me, but tonight/today is my long night (I have already been up for 22 hours :-\), but maybe some other time this week? I also have a 87 FSM that might help you out as well if you would like to look at it... Let me know, I really don't have anything going on...

yea whatever works i was rather tired yesterday as it was an 2 hrs after i usually crash out so im going to dink with it today with a clear head thats not tired haha. yea im free till 230pm on thursday if you can make it on thurs if not then friday and sat are fine

so for whatever reason i moved the car forward in gear about half a foot and it starts up just fine now. with that being said i know for a fact that the vacuum lines on the passenger side of the engine bay are not hooked up right so i need some pictures. i have been searching on here for a while and i cant find anything relating to what i need and the stupid sticker under the hood is useless so any help would be appreciated

no not yet :( i went to the local pull apart to try and find some parts and see if there were any motors i could use as a guide but the only untouched one was a fuel injected ea82 so it didnt help, but i was able to get a subaru shop manual out of the back of it. its for a 90 legacy it had the motor book and the electrical book so it was a bad day

someone had these on line... sent me the link... can't find it

I have them locally on my box, I attempted to email them to your hotmail addy in your profile but they are big and the server may kick them back

*** 9 megs, no error message (yet) check your hotmail and see if they are there

Edited by Txakura
emailed attachments successfully (?)

someone had these on line... sent me the link... can't find it

I have them locally on my box, I attempted to email them to your hotmail addy in your profile but they are big and the server may kick them back

*** 9 megs, no error message (yet) check your hotmail and see if they are there

yea i was able to download then thanks alot. now if i cant do it i have problems haha

yea unfortunatly they dont list the carbed version under the vaccum section and the actual carb section (2-6) is completly gone but o well at least now i have everything else but here are colored pics of what im trying to figure out so hopefuly this can help me get this fixed finally haha. i colored the lines so they are the same colors in all the pics. also i have no idea what the purple one is below the carb???

1-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

haha yea it is hard to read that was my first option since i have the book. i think i got it since the car seems to be running ok now, the heat is jumping around a little but im guessin i got a air bubble in there so ill just drain and refill. anyways thanks for the various help from ppl:banana: