Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How much could I part out a 91 Legacy for?

Any ideas of how much I could part out a 91 legacy for? Everything is there. I figure Ebay, cragislist, and a few forums. Scrap the rest... It's got 270k on it and an engine I don't want to work on anymore. I've considered dropping a junkyard motor in and selling it whole, but I'm getting lazy. It'd probably take as much effort to part it though... We'll see...

not running and complete, you should get between 200-and 300 dollars from someone who would take the time to repair it. as a running car its worth about 1000-1200 per book value.

if you are interested in getting rid of it, try posting it for sale and see what you get.

theoreticallyyou could get more parting it off, but removing parts will be more work than actually repairing it, and you would have to sell off enough to make your 300 bucks. otherwise you sell a door and a fender, the car is no longer complete for anyone to consider buying the whole car.

Maybe a couple of hundred max. Depends if tires and wheels are good. Wrecking yard will PROBABLY give you $50 to $100. Like you mentioned, list your car on Craig's, and other forums as a parts car and see what response you get.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY IT IS SO HARD TO SPELL THAT WORD ON THE INTERNET!

Seriously!

As far as the car goes. Put the motor in. Less work and you'll have a car that is worth ~$1000.00 maybe more depending on condition. Part it out will take a lot of effort and time to remove parts, ship them if so inclined. And you already said you really do not want to put a bunch of energy into this. I would probably try to sell it for a couple of hundred dollars as is and get out from under it.

Maybe in your area it might be worth it. Do you have U pull type junkyards? If so forget a part out. We have them here and they are loaded with gen 1 legacys. So people can buy anything they need for $20, making partouts of those cars unprofitable and pointless.