Ultimate Subaru Message Board

One last vac hose to track down

So,

86 gl wagon, passenger side of the engine. Near the egr valve. There is a vacume line with a "T" in it, mine is closer to the passenger fender than the EGR but not by much. ON the underhood diagram it shows the hose, but it dosent say where it goes. Not in the chiltons either. Any guess?

Thanks guys

Mike

When are you working?

I can stop by.

Thanks rob, but I only work at the parts store once a month or so now. Just enough to keep my discount. Im back at the railroad, finally.:grin: I have to go to the Tacoma yard on tuesday ( tomorow) to do some radio control train stuff. Maybe I could give you a call when I am done? Should be sometime between two and five pm. I would apreciate it, and you could see my new hella's. I have the lights mounted just not wired yet.

Mike

I've got an 86 FSM if anything from it would help. I don't know if the vacuum diagrams are the same as under the hood but I guess even if they are if I scanned them they would be larger so possibly a little clearer.

I dont think that there is a great deal of difference from 86 to 87, so a scan would be PERFECT if you have time.

Thank you

Mike

There is a Vacuum Line (3/16" hose) that comes from the intake manyfold and goes back to the Passenger's side fender nearby the area under the Windshield's base and it has the "T" which one of its ends (3/16" hose) goes to the White Vacuum Canister and the other end (1/8" Hose) goes nearby that, to an electric solenoid valve.

the "T" main end (3/16" hose) "Powers" the Vacuum activated Air Conditioner Push Button Switches inside, thru the Vacuum Canister; the other end (1/8" hose) goes again back to the Engine Thru that electric Solenoid, to "Power" the Idle Accelerator when the Air Conditioner is Powered ON.

I Hope this can Help...

Kind Regards.

Edited by Loyale 2.7 Turbo