Ultimate Subaru Message Board

on my 94 subaru legacy ive noticed the front tires are wearing on the inside of the tire.

one side is a little worse than the other but not to much.

ive had it aligned before and i even sat there and watched/helped and all with it.

so i figure something is worn out because of the negative camber. just not sure what.

any help here guys?

My 2000 Lecagy did that too on its first set of tyres. I think after 15,000 miles inside of the fronts were bald - I then started rotating tyres front to back every 7000 miles. Been fine since and I get nice even tyre wear.

well i need to figure out how to fix this. rotating tires isnt going to do anything except make ************ worse really. got 2 good tires on front but there wearing heavily on the inside.

the back tires are worn nice and even but there pretty much slick.

basicaly need to fix whatever the hells wrong so i can start rotating my tires lol. as is they dont make it that long. 15,000 miles IS the life of 1 of my tires btw, at least on the front anyway.

so something worn out, messed up, etc.

i put new struts in 20k miles ago. just replaced front right lower ball bearing because i noticed the whole wheel was loose.

broke my sway bar and had to put a new one on.

now i could see how a broken sway bar from hitting a huge hole could throw something off alignment. but both sides? something else is wrong here.

just wish i knew more about this stuff.

was also wondering. is camber adjustable on my legacy? i dont think it is but not 100% sure.

a second opinion is in order.

sounds like it is time to go to a front end shop for a diagnosis. not a national chain tire store that also does alignments, i mean a real front end shop.

find out what the problem is, get a price and then decide if you want them to do the work.

as far as camber goes, i have heard that you can guestimate it in these cars by setting to the max. it will not be right but it will not be far out, I THINK!!!

there is no way a quality shop could align the front end correctly and it will wear out tires. even if some parts need to be replaced, they should see that when they do the alignment.

just my opinion.

yes camber is adjustable with replacement cam bolts. your local parts store. they only take a few min. at the shop to install. or the alignment shop could cheat like when i lifted and aligned my 91 legacy, i ground the strut holes in an oval to get a little adjustment. grinding the struts is comon pratice on gm vehicles. i have had no problems with mine with them ground out.