Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New WI Suby owner!

I'm another new join from WI not far from Milwaukee. I'm really interested in going to some all subaru swaps and shows and I would really like to pick up a GL wagon with dual range 4WD but there is absolutely NOTHING within 500 miles that I can find. Are there any midwest meets, or are most out on the west coast?

I'm another new join from WI not far from Milwaukee. I'm really interested in going to some all subaru swaps and shows and I would really like to pick up a GL wagon with dual range 4WD but there is absolutely NOTHING within 500 miles that I can find. Are there any midwest meets, or are most out on the west coast?

Well we host meets alot (Or at least I do) MilesFox is another cat whom you are always welcome to his house. He's on the East side of Milwaukee (Close to River West area)

I'm out in Waukesha and am always all over Waterford, Big bend, Muskego ect..

As for finding a GL wagon with D/R in WI that isn't rotted to hell, good luck. I have seen a few pop up from time to time on Craigs list, but not often.

Also, on the 19th at Subaru City on 27th st in Milwaukee they are hosting a big Subaru meet. They start at 9am on Saturday (19th) so maybe we'll see you there :)

-Tom

yeah man, bring what ya got. my piece of ************ will be there in the show. in all its glory! haha!

im on the south side of milwaukee. or should i say the Souf side.:grin:

your very unlikely to find an all subaru swap meet around here. unless you are going to subaru heaven in cambridge, and then you are just swappin your money for his parts and thats if you are lucky!

unless you are going to subaru heaven in cambridge, and then you are just swappin your money for his parts and thats if you are lucky!

Been there and done all that, and might need to get back to get some Outback struts.. Of course I would take the EA82 out there again, since he seems to think the EA82s are dinos :rolleyes:

Been there and done all that, and might need to get back to get some Outback struts.. Of course I would take the EA82 out there again, since he seems to think the EA82s are dinos :rolleyes:

we should caravan a parade of ea82's out there some day.

I just talked to Mike and Cindy out at Cindy's Classic Auto (Subaru Heaven) yesterday, my friend and I were going to go this Saturday to check out their yard, but I forgot about a birthday party I said I would attend. I used to drive by there all the time on my why to/from school in Madison, so if any one ever has plans on going, let me know. I just want to see what they have.

• 4 weeks later...

Finnaly got around to taking pics of it (had to clean the hell out of it first). Next on the list: polishing the headlights so they are clear.

subaru002.jpg

And here's what I traded in for it:

Ford004.jpg The rust wasn't too bad (yet), but the piston rings were shot and the suspension bushings where almost gone, it was just cheaper to buy a new winter car. Almost bought a '99 Century, but fortuneatly some else beat me to it, a week later I found the Subaru on Craigslist.

BTW, where is this Subaru Heaven? I need a cargo net and the privacy thing that rolls over the cargo area (do they have those there?), as well as a new power antenna.

Are you the guy that was at Don Miller's subaru meet?

Subaru Heaven is on Hy18 and hy 12 out in Cambridge, WI. About 20 miles from madison. Easy enough to get to, and he might have some things for the 2nd gen Legos. Power entenna, eh doubt it as there weren't alot of Legacys with the power entenna (At least in WI)

Edited by TheLoyale

You'd have won the high milage award if you had brought it. Before the next meet at Don Miller, I'm going mud bogging, maybe get the dirtiest car award.

When is the next Don Miller? Next year? Anyhoo, we do meets out in Waukesha and Milwaukee pretty much any weekend. Theres a thread on Dirtyimpreza.com in which we all keep in touch and see whats going on and when. Maybe something you'd be interested in checking out?

Pictures I snapped of your car:

2010_0626Test0053.jpg

2010_0626Test0052.jpg

2010_0626Test0066.jpg

Sorry I didn't see this thread earlier (I need to come 'round here more), just thought its funny I also went from a Crown Vic into a Subaru wagon.

Sold my nice but horrible in the winter 2001 CVPI (it even had carpet and a power seat!) with just over 130k on her and got a somewhat abused and rough '97 2.5GT sedan. Later found my clean L wagon on CL for cheap and swapped my good 2.5GT parts into her.

I won't EVER go back!

Saw TheLoyale at the Subaru City show (thanks for making me want to lift my L.... Ordered Outback struts today!), and ALMOST went to the Don Miller show, but my buddy (who won Best Subaru with his '05 STi at the Subaru City show) didn't want to drive all the way out there.

Hell, I should have entered in both. Only Legacy period at Subaru City, and one of only two Wagons at Don Miller.