Ultimate Subaru Message Board

93 subby legacy 2.2 with a/c. the belt burned off of it i think. anyway so i replaced the belt today. started the car and let it run. witht he a/c on and off. the a/c belt idler pully wasnt turning. i'm sure that it should. can anyone confirm that it is supposed to turn and i just didnt over tighten the bolt. i took the botl loose and ran it again and the pulley still didnt turn. so if it is suppose to turn it doesn't. i took a bad video and a picture fo the idler.

well i called the dealer for a new one. and i didnt liek the price at all. but i am stuck unless i want to go without air. so i took the bracket off and took the snap ring off the pulley. i tore the cage out fo it. since it was what was jambing the bearings up. i packed heavy grease into the bearing and races. i put it all back together. it turns but makes a slight noise now and then. this rig probably wont last two days. but i did try it. it may work until i get a new pulleys from some place. do yuo think isuzu will have a similar idler pulley on it? a trooper or similar model that looks like a trooper?

No idea about the Isuzu pulley--I suppose you could study it and measure carefully to see if it might work.

Or try pricing it online, or call Jason (Parts Manager at Mike Scarff Subaru, 866-528-5282).

Might even try local Pull-and-Pays or salvage yards.

Good luck.

well no isuzus at the junkyard either. it was gone. i did try to knock the bearing out and i had no luck. i think i need a press to get it out. that was why i took it apart was to jsut replace the bearing. but i am not sure it will come out now after i had a look at it. but it might. next tiem im at the shop and have tiem i will put it in a press and see what happens.

I had one on a water pump belt in my old Cadillac try to seize up on me once. Ordered the new part, but HAD to drive the car for the weekend (I didn't HAVE to, I just wanted to... for some dumb reason :rolleyes: ).

I sprayed the bearing with PB blaster and got it freed up, then shot some lithium spray grease into it. Worked great and still spun freely after 300 miles.

Oh the days of naivety... :lol:

• 1 month later...
i have an a/c idler bearing if you need one.

well i have been watcvhing thisd thread and my pm and email fo rinfo that i asked about buyign that from you. and you are the slowest mf out there. i posted in the spring that i wanted and needed this. i have not been able to get mine apart no matter what anyone says. i had been running is sounding liek crap well now it is ttrashed. thank yo uvery much fo rnever replying and dont ever offer me anything for sale again acer.

well i have been watcvhing thisd thread and my pm and email fo rinfo that i asked about buyign that from you. and you are the slowest mf out there. i posted in the spring that i wanted and needed this. i have not been able to get mine apart no matter what anyone says. i had been running is sounding liek crap well now it is ttrashed. thank yo uvery much fo rnever replying and dont ever offer me anything for sale again acer.

That's real mature.

You do know there's a place called Subaru/Autozone/Napa/Advance/Checker/Kragen/Oreilly's/Federated/Pep Boys/:Insert name of favorite parts chain here:/ where you can get one yourself rather than wait for someone else to send you one? Or perhaps a junk yard if you're not inclined to pay what a parts store or dealer wants for it.

Either he forgot (which people do from time to time) to get back to you, or he never saw your response to the thread. You could have send him a PM asking for the part rather than sitting back and waiting for yours to fail.

You don't get your drawers all in a wad if you waited two months to hear from some stranger, and you didn't take the initiative to find the parts you needed on you own.

well the parts store chains dont sell the pulley now do they? and that was the part i was wanting and i though he was offering to me. because I COULD NOT get the bearign out or off no way no how. pulling the snap ring was the only way. if i ever offered soemone somethign for sale i would follow through by sending a pm as well as a messeage in any forum that i posted about. mature. is responsiblity to follow through. not tease someone now is it. what else is mature is to want to want to reply like that. and make a situation even harder to get anything. by the way forget anyone on here ever helping me agian F that. dont bother repling i will not be back.