Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How Difficult Is It to Remove GL Grille?

Wagon.

I think I'll go with the semi-gloss. I want to paint the luggage rack bars too. And the wiper blade arms - they're down to bare shiny metal.

would recommend you scuff the "bare shiny metal" bits with some fine sandpaper (400-600 wet/dry) to give the paint a good grip - or you will be back to "bare shiny metal" in no time.

you dont need to create "visible" scratches, but the paint will stick a lot better if the surface is "roughed up" a bit before spraying.

would recommend you scuff the "bare shiny metal" bits with some fine sandpaper (400-600 wet/dry) to give the paint a good grip - or you will be back to "bare shiny metal" in no time.

you dont need to create "visible" scratches, but the paint will stick a lot better if the surface is "roughed up" a bit before spraying.

Right, I had planned to do that. I need to get everything masked off first (as far as the wipers go) so I don't get overspray where I don't want it. Will be a while since it has rained every single day here for the past cpuple of weeks, at least.

I'm going to give the grill a good washing firt, in the bath tub with a brush & some dish detergent, to get any oily residu

e off (as well a plain old dirt).