Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EGT Gauge on EJ22 Loyale Swap????

SuperchargedRS

Well I have been rocking an EJ22 swap in my 5spd Loyale for almost a year now. I moved to the desert with the car a little while ago, so the car is driven in a area where the average outside temp is 95-100F. The temp is always OK, oil pressure OK, occasionally I well get a Check Engine Light but it will go on then off.

Yesterday I noticed this:

1.jpg

Is my Exhaust Gas Temp getting too hot (car getting to lean?)?

When I did the EJ swap (as you can see) I did keep the old can and tail pipe, could be caused by the tail pipe being too short?

Thoughts?

Yeah your tail pipe should come to the edge of the bumper. So yes too short, and will continue to make a drippy plastic mess until you have no bumper left there. Also it will start to melt the styrofoam bumper insert leaving you with a non functional bumper. Not so good.

I thought EGT is a issue in all internal combustion engines, based on how lean/rich the engine is running

that's what an 02 sensor is for. if you think you're fuel mixture is off, replace the sensor.

your tail pipe is way too short, and pointed right at the bumper. I'm surprised it didn't set fire sooner