Ultimate Subaru Message Board

You said something about temp sensor? It's most likely the computer isn't getting info from the CTS and so it won't run right when it's cold.

Could also be the IACV sticking, then when it un-sticks it will get the right air and run fine.

yeah the temp sensor doesn't work. i tried it plugged in and unplugged. same result.

IACV ? hmm possibly i don't know this EJ22. so very well possible.

could the oxygen sensor have anything to do with it ?

-John

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah the temp sensor doesn't work. i tried it plugged in and unplugged. same result.

IACV ? hmm possibly i don't know this EJ22. so very well possible.

could the oxygen sensor have anything to do with it ?

-John

The O2 censor would cause it to run crappy, but they usually don't fail intermittently. Since they're completely electric they usually either work or they don't. They don't sometimes work and sometimes not work like that. Seems like you have a heat related thing going on. So CTS makes sense, and IACV too, once it warms up a bit starts working.

The O2 censor would cause it to run crappy, but they usually don't fail intermittently. Since they're completely electric they usually either work or they don't. They don't sometimes work and sometimes not work like that. Seems like you have a heat related thing going on. So CTS makes sense, and IACV too, once it warms up a bit starts working.

ok. I'll pull the temp sensor from the 2.5L.

i do have an extra IACV in the garage so I'll grab that to.

last night i changed the Temp Sensor from the 2.5L which i know it's worked.

and still the temp sensor does not work. the gauges its self has always worked.

i also have a 98 legacy ECU. I'm thinking the sensor isn't working because the 2.5L ECU doesn't understand the signal ?

I'm gonna double check the Connection of the harness. maybe i don't have on in all the way.

i doubles checked all my connections. they are all in and secure.

a new temp sensor runs $14.99 i may go buy one if its not the problem something is seriously wrong.

i just cant get my temp to work (my temper is working tho....LOL).

EDIT: New Temp Sensor...Still Doesn't Work ! UGH!

Edited by SubaruJawn

OMG ! I'm so stupid !

i wasn't changing the temp sensor. i was changing the one under the alternator thinking it was the temp. i knew very well it wasn't. i have done the temp change before. just has been to long it slipped my mind i guess

i checked the 2 plugs and wouldn't you know it! i didn't have them connected :rolleyes:

i feel so stupid for all that. and for just for 2 plugs.

everything works now. temp works and no more Check Engine Light :)

I had a feeling it was temp :)

Glad it's working again for you. I hate problems that make me feel stupid, bu at least it was something simple and now it works.

yeah i hate that really bad.

i sold the EJ25 for $400 to a used car dealer.

paid the fees i owed to parents $210 total.

and i found a Catback Exhaust for an Impreza RS.

i paid $125 for it and it looks like it will fit my outback.

Tsudo Catback.

any know if it'll fit ?

please note it was on a 2005 Impreza RS

HPIM7404.jpg

HPIM7405.jpg

HPIM7406.jpg

thanks in advance

-John

Edited by SubaruJawn

define your response, nothing is thaaaat bad.

and don't you still have a loyale?

The Worst Subaru i had

Hydrolic Clutch - Awful !

2.5L H4 - Sickening

Overheating - Ugh !

Having to change the engine and trying to get a 2.2L in - Pain in the Azz

yeah i still have my loyale. but its in no condition to be repaired :(

The Worst Subaru i had

Hydrolic Clutch - Awful !

2.5L H4 - Sickening

Overheating - Ugh !

Having to change the engine and trying to get a 2.2L in - Pain in the Azz

yeah i still have my loyale. but its in no condition to be repaired :(

Bleed the clutch

Suck it up

Figure it out and fix it!

Whhhhhy? Did the engine,smoke,knock?

Seriously you give up too easy they are old cars that need work, nothing besides brand new will be perfect

And if your loyale runs pick up an EA body and swap the motors.

Not trying to be mean or anything but really think about it the more you fix the less there is wrong and the closer to perfection you get.

Seriously you give up too easy they are old cars that need work, nothing besides brand new will be perfect

amen to that. ive had a 98 2.5L legacy for 7 years and it hasn't been perfect but overall it's been a great car and ive had some huge hurdles to jump with it but doing one thing at a time and prioritizing your repairs keeps everything manageable. ive had to put a new engine in and reseal the beast but it did get done and today i enjoy every drive with it, hydraulic clutch and all!

the only car that hasn't given me ************ is my 93 legacy.... knock on wood. man i still wish they made cars as bulletproof as those things.

nothing besides brand new will be perfect

My GL is better now than it is brand new... It has a better engine, more clearance, better transmission ...... etc. Perfection is what you make of something.

For some people a brand new car is perfect, for some people a brand new car has a lot of problems because it isn't lifted with big wheels and a dual range transmission. Or however you want to look at it.

For me my 96 legacy is perfect. It has been reliable for tens of thousands of miles of road trips, snow, etc. It's had problems, nothing huge, but it's better than stock with some upgrades I've done. Same goes for my GL, it would be useless to me as a FWD auto like it came new.

You just need to figure out what's perfect for you in a car, and go find one that fits. It might be brand new, it might be 80 years old.

Perfection in a car is different for everyone.

Just my $0.02 on the matter.

Sure there are different interpretations of perfect but you get my drift, new seals/bushings/shocks/tires/seats all that jazz to me my XT is perfect sure its slow and an auto (not for long tho) everythime I sit in it and look at its funny shifter and steering wheel I smile cause its just on of those odd ball cars that you don't see everyday, sure it likes to fight me and I call it dirty names sometimes but you don't see me driving a new impreza do you? And there's certainly a reason for that!

I wasn't getting on your case about anything. Saying you shouldn't have dumped the car, or something. I was just stating that one doesn't need a brand new car to achieve perfection, that for some people on old rusty quirky car is perfection. To some, my cars are piles of junk and unfit for public display. To each their own.

Sold it.... Thats just bull.

My '95 got crashed into, bent control arm, damaged hub, bent tie rod, fender/door/headlight were gone. Leaks anti-freeze and oil, Wheel toe and Alinement is not perfect, running on a used waterpump and timing belt that was found in Fox's garage from a past replacement on some other EJ22. Do you see me giving up? And no, not all cars with give trouble, my EA82 has never ever let me down, nor has this janked up EJ22 Trashwagon10 - guess it depends on the owner... Hydraulic clutches are not that bad (All newer subarus have them)

If you want to be a Subaru guy, you have to roll with the good and the bad.

Sold it.... Thats just bull.

My '95 got crashed into, bent control arm, damaged hub, bent tie rod, fender/door/headlight were gone. Leaks anti-freeze and oil, Wheel toe and Alinement is not perfect, running on a used waterpump and timing belt that was found in Fox's garage from a past replacement on some other EJ22. Do you see me giving up? And no, not all cars with give trouble, my EA82 has never ever let me down, nor has this janked up EJ22 Trashwagon10 - guess it depends on the owner... Hydraulic clutches are not that bad (All newer subarus have them)

If you want to be a Subaru guy, you have to roll with the good and the bad.

I Really did Sell it. i can do what ever i choose.

BTW the Main reason i Sold it.

To Get My XT6 Back.

YEAH THAT'S RIGHT EVERYONE... I GOT MY XT6 BACK !

Agree on the hydrolic Clutch tho. i did get use to it just didn't realize i did till i got back in Scubert Xt.

Want to be a subaru guy ? don't Insult me. i am and you know it. more hands on experience than you by a long shot for sure. and I'm still going Strong.

don't Bother posting in my threads if your Gonna Insult Me.

Want to be a subaru guy ? don't Insult me. i am and you know it. more hands on experience than you by a long shot for sure. and I'm still going Strong.

don't Bother posting in my threads if your Gonna Insult Me.

WOAH, lets not get NASIOC on this:lol: