Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So back when I first got my Impreza my nephew and I went crazy and melted the paint off with paint thinner to repaint it, and some got on the tail lights and appears to have etched them and bleached some of the color off. Any ideas how to make them look less like crap? :) lol

imprezatail.jpg

Wet sand through the oxidation and polish them with a headlight restoration kit. One of the types that uses an attachment for an electric drill such as 3M or Meguiars.

This isnt oxidation, the paint thinner melted the plastic.

No amount of sanding is going to help these, trust me (ask me how I know)

This isnt oxidation, the paint thinner melted the plastic.

No amount of sanding is going to help these, trust me (ask me how I know)

+1 on not oxidation, the paint thinner has caused physical damaged deep into the plastic lens, and no amount of sanding or polishing will really improve the appearance. Save time and energy, and pick up replacement lenses at your local wrecking yard.

Haha yeah I guess I really should get some new ones then eventually. Might try smoothing it out and spraying some of that see-through red staind glass paint on it, then hitting it with clear acrylic so it at least doesn't look as bad as it does now lol.

Now the next decision will be, stock, or after market tails next? hmm...