Ultimate Subaru Message Board

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice wheels. The only thing that car bothered my wallet for one a ignition key core, and an ac compressor.

:) Thanks. It's been pretty easy on my wallet, aside from the basic 100,000 mile maintenance (60,000 miles ago). Although I recently had to replace the clock spring and that was way more expensive than it should have been. But still, I can't complain too much!

I don't have the ac to worry about in mine any more. A bunch of years ago some douche in a huge truck smashed the front of my car and then took off before I could get his plate number, so my insurance had to cover everything. (And of course raise my premium even though all of the witness reports said he hit and he ran...) I wanted to keep costs as low as possible so I said forget the ac, I hardly ever used it anyway. And then switched insurance companies. :D

Wow, you brought it back from the dead! SO much fun to read through again! I had forgotten how silly this thread was!

I hate to disappoint, but I never followed through with the sway bar. I still have every intention to, but money and time got really scarce (started grad school last fall), and it still hasn't happened.

I'm still totally in love with the wheels though! In fact, the other night I actually had a dream that someone had broken into my car and managed to take everything out of the engine bay (which somehow looked like the bed of a BRAT...??) but they didn't steal my wheels!!!

And I'm still waiting for the ring, the struts, and the keys to a BRAT to show up at my doorstep! Roses... meh. Not important! :D

I want roses at proposal... that's it. That's never gonna happen tho! :rolleyes: lol. And I'm thinkin you seriously need to get yourself a BRAT if you're having dreams like that! I think I'm gonna get one if i ever learn how to properly restore them :-p pretty much my dream is to to restoration work on the side... but seriously keep us updated on the car! :D

They are a lot of fun!

I have owned 4. I just picked up a 1982 Subaru GL Hatchback for $ 100.00.

The car sat for about 4 years. I changed the spark plugs, air filter, added coolant, oil and, filt, cleaned the carb, and added 2 gallons of fuel. Poured a little fuel in the carb and changed the fuel filter and it started right up. It has a EA 81 engine in it with a working 3rd eye. When I opened the glovebox the orginal service manual and all the service paperwork was was in the car.

So far so good I put 200 miles on it and only leaked a small dime size of oil has leaked out. I made out prettyy good on this one.

My primary is a 2001 Outback Wagon, just made the last payment. Thank god, took me a few years to work the bugs out of it. New head gaskets, but of course!

They are full all around...

Rollerball

And I'm still waiting for the ring, the struts, and the keys to a BRAT to show up at my doorstep! Roses... meh. Not important! :D

%$^#&$*#&!!!!

Would you take an old keyring, 94 parts legacy, with struts still on it, and to

share the keys to a rusted out, beat to death 85' BRAT?

And I'll show up when I get the money collected together...

Twitch

PS: I'm not so much on the flowers thing either, so this may work... ;)

ooooh geez... haha

Well, I will for sure keep everyone updated on the car. However I'm pretty sure until I can get my thesis out of the way and finish grad school there won't be much money or time for many updates!

And... there is a BRAT in the works. :)

And Rollerball, you got yourself an awesome deal!!! I love the GL hatchbacks. There are a few around my neighborhood, and I'm always tempted to leave a note on the windshield telling the owner how much I love their car! They're probably here on usmb...

ooooh geez... haha

Well, I will for sure keep everyone updated on the car. However I'm pretty sure until I can get my thesis out of the way and finish grad school there won't be much money or time for many updates!

And... there is a BRAT in the works. :)

And Rollerball, you got yourself an awesome deal!!! I love the GL hatchbacks. There are a few around my neighborhood, and I'm always tempted to leave a note on the windshield telling the owner how much I love their car! They're probably here on usmb...

Been there done that, what is your thesis topic and are you at the UW

ooooh geez... haha

What? Is that a no? :(

Meh, I have better chances of getting a date with a blind deaf mute chick than

with a regular girl.

So meh. *heart shatters*

Twitch

*SARCASM ALERT*

This alert has been issued because large quantities of sarcasm have been detected in this reply.

This an automated message from the National Organization Of Bureaucratic Sarcasm

[/END]

*SARCASM ALERT*

Just to clarify... you are talking about a car. Right?! :lol:

My sis is in her last few weeks of working on her Masters. Stressed out is an understatement for her. Good luck and hang in there. :banana:

hahaha yes I am talking about a car BRAT, thankfully! Whew!

wish your sister good luck! I don't want to even imagine what a mess I'm gonna be when I'm just a few weeks away from the end... scary thought!

And Twitch, my darling, I definitely speak sarcasm. No translation needed. :D

Twitch, my darling, I definitely speak sarcasm. No translation needed. :D

Oooooo!

Did you hear that guys?

I got called darling! *fistpump into :headbang:*

Oh, and what the hell happened to my post?

I've never even heard of the National Organization Of Bureaucratic Sarcasm.

How the hell did they alter my post after I posted it?

Twitch

Not gonna lie, I always kinda wished I was a waitress at some smokey bar/diner with giant permed hair who called all the motorcycle guys and despondent drunks "darling" or "hun."

I guess I'm still young. I have time to fulfill my dream :)

too fun!!

is it possible that i'm just tickled by a little female input??

happy motoring!! hun!!

Not gonna lie, I always kinda wished I was a waitress at some smokey bar/diner with giant permed hair who called all the motorcycle guys and despondent drunks "darling" or "hun."

I guess I'm still young. I have time to fulfill my dream :)

I was in a local diner recently and the waitress had a name tag that read

"O. Miss". :lol:

inordantic

omitted

Now Fuzpile, I'm curious.

What was all that about?

Were they "influenced" posts?

Or were you trying to speak matters of the heart, and everything got lost in translation?

Cuz they didn't make a whole lot of sense... :-p

Anyway, any new news on the "Cutie Car"?

Twitch

PS: Don't forget about the social groups!

HAHAHA This has been a very entertaining thread to read.

I added King Springs to my Outback (stiffer and taller) and also KYB struts and that reduced the bodyroll emmensely. I also at one point had a '93 Impreza wagon and added junkyard shocks and springs from a 1st gen AWD Legacy and that stiffened it up quite a bit and helped the handling.