Ultimate Subaru Message Board

3rd eye door wont close HELP McBrat!

DBOZ

Ok I found your wiring diagram, its all set up like you explained. I can get the door to open, but when i click the stock switch to turn off, the light turns off and the door wont close. I used the relay that you suggested, and just no dice. I tried seaching, but it wont let me use any 3 letter words. Im just dumbfounded. I can get teh door to open/close(looping) with just straight power. Please help me!

Darrell

Edited by DBOZ

I'm not sure on this, but I believe the require power to close as well. One side of the switch would be positive/negative, and the other would have to be negative/positive. It would require a double pole, triple throw switch. That is, providing that door operates as most headlamp doors.....

there are several diagrams out there... but these are the 2 you should be using

This is the one with the aftermarker DPDT relay

http://www.indysworld.com/80s/general/USRM/3rdEye/center-lamp.html

this is the one if running just a DPDT toggle switch

http://www.indysworld.com/80s/general/diagrams/centerlamp-wire.jpg

best to take the lamp out of the car while testing...

take the connector arm off the door mechanism. I think I may have had to power is seperately at first to get it into the right "phase"...

thats the page im using. aftermarket switch, same exact one. ill try to disconnect it tommorrow(the arm). otherwise i dont know, the green wire(door close) works when hot wired, but just wont close with it all hooked up.

darrell