Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Radiator for EA81

I got a new one for my 86 Brat a couple years ago from Spaulding auto parts in Spokane Washington. It was about $120.00 with a lifetime guarantee. The radiator wasn't an exact OEM replacement, but it bolted in and worked fine. At the time Schucks and Napa could also get them, but they were not in stock.

Paul

i bought one about april of 2010 for my 85 Brat from rockauto.com

dont really remember price, like 150 shipped or something like that. My old radiator's cap would not fit the replacement radiator, the replacement radiator had a need for a larger diameter cap. I called rockauto thinking maybe they sent the wrong part number, since they claim its direct fit. So i had to get the new cap at local store (oreilly). When i called radiator barn, they didnt seem to care and said it should have been same size cap, but it was not, and they really did nothing to help.

No problems so far.

The one they have comes with lines for ATF model and i just capped them, no worries.

Large cap is for 80 to 82. Small cap is 83+. Doesn't affect fitment. All the aftermarket rads have the atf lines and you don't have to cap them (it's just a tube that runs in and back out of the end tank). http://www.rockauto.com is a great resource I use them all the time. Don't forget to google up a discount code - should cover some of the shipping. They give everyone 5% all the time pretty much.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder