So as luck would have it, I came a cross a 94 Legacy, and a 89 GL-10! :banana:

so heres my plan:

82 GL 3 eyed wagon

-ej22

-4eat awd from the gl-10

-gl-10 brakes

-gl-10 front seats and carpet

-replace the back seat with a plywood storage area thats level with the bed

-14" wagon look alike wheels (keeping the same outside diameter, just a bit wider)

the idea is, to have a 35+ mpg, reliable wagon, that i can drive on a 1200 mile trip, go wheeling, drive it another 500 miles and race at a track, then drive home, whilst being affordable.

See, you may laugh, but i think it can be done.

I have the shop, the tools, the cars, and the will to do it, so.. it will happen.:grin:

Nice but I would ditch the Loyale E4AT. For wheeling and track I think a manual would be more suitable.

well, im bulding this on the cheep, and all i have is the very low geared 4 speed d/r the gl-10 4eat or the legacy 4eat.

i think the auto would have better highway gearing for better millage. and the ej power should make up for the extra drag and weight of the auto.

but still, other ideas will be helpfull and will not go unheard :)

Legacy 4eat will bolt directly to the EJ, and has 3.9 gear ratio rather than the GL-10's 3.7

Also, you can simply leave the EJ ECU and TCU and all wiring in the harness when you do you're strip down, so there will be no need to merge the 2.

Really a 5spd AWD would be the best if you feel like your gonna race it.

well, unfortunately the legos tranny has some problems, it feels like its not building enough pressure.. (like a 5k rpm stall converter) hell it might just be low xD

im not sure.. only tinkered with it a little bit to get it moving.. will check tomorow, and ill post some pics :D

Thats my wagon with an ej! I love it! There is so much storage in the back where the rear seat was, you'll dig! I put a fold down board to extend the bed to the front seats as far as I could and still drive so I can sleep back there. Its room for a hidden sub or whatever. I got the 5spd dr, though, the paddle shifters sound great! Lifted on 14"s! Be prepared for wheel hop!

so today i got the turbo wagon running, but that transmission appears to be bad aswell. :-\ I also checked the fluid in the legacy and it was almost not registering on the dip stick,:eek: so I added a small amount of ATF and it responded well!

so there may be some hope yet for the EJ trans :D

also, heres the pic of the 3 cars im going to be using, and possibly the digi dash too ;)

subimadness.jpg

Lifted on 14"s! Be prepared for wheel hop!

well, its not going to have any lift on it, i wanna keep it stock height, and maybe implement the height control or something. (just a thought)

Also, reason i want the auto is for the lack of low range, it has better gearing then the 4 speed D/R for highway use, i wont have to shift in traffic, and plus i can duty-c mod it.

but seeing how both autos are (possibly) junk:dead:, i may buy a 5 speed AWD and swap front diffs to 3.9 .. that is, of corse if i can duty-c it or somthing simmaler to make it lock 4WD

EA81s came with a version of the digi dash.....also junk.

you're going to have a lot of trouble hitting your 35mpg goal with an AWD trans in there at all. especially an automatic one. But I bet a 5MT PT4WD one would get your there. although not that great on the "track", unless that's just a drag strip.

Also, you will probably have fitment issues with a 4EAT in an EA81 tunnel.

honestly that 82 looks pretty rough.

In comparison, the 89 T-wagon looks sweet. It will accept the EJ 4eat with the 2.2, and it's already got the discs, the digidash, and a High pressure fuel pump.

If it where me I'd put the work into the 89 and do something else with the 82.

honestly that 82 looks pretty rough.

In comparison, the 89 T-wagon looks sweet. It will accept the EJ 4eat with the 2.2, and it's already got the discs, the digidash, and a High pressure fuel pump.

If it where me I'd put the work into the 89 and do something else with the 82.

well, im just not the biggest fan of gen 3's and couldn't keep an axle on my last one, plus having a beat up body and dazzling interior and massive EJ power.. it would be a total sleeper wheeler. the gen 2's are alot lighter and more sturdy then its fatter heaveir sisters. IMO

i may end up using the gen 3, but that's been EJ'd to death.. and i was wanting something more.... original ;)

well, im just not the biggest fan of gen 3's and couldn't keep an axle on my last one, plus having a beat up body and dazzling interior and massive EJ power.. it would be a total sleeper wheeler. the gen 2's are alot lighter and more sturdy then its fatter heaveir sisters. IMO

i may end up using the gen 3, but that's been EJ'd to death.. and i was wanting something more.... original ;)

Suit yourself.

But that 82 wagon in your picture needs ALOT of work to look even half as nice as the 89.