Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Air Filter Fitment

jeffx

Any advice on correct air filter replacement for a SPFI EA 82. The replacement specified at Checker only fits if I mount it upside down for some reason. The one specified is a Microfilter MGA4303 Thanks.

Edited by jeffx

I'm sorry - Is fitment really a word? Wouldn't fit do nicely?

1) Fitment is a word.

2) It is a more accurate and therefore a better word than "fit" in this context.

3) Keep your comments on the subject of the thread and not the OP please.

Any advice on correct air filter replacement for a SPFI EA 82. The replacement specified at Checker only fits if I mount it upside down for some reason. The one specified is a Microfilter MGA4303 Thanks.

You didn't specify your model-year, but it really shouldn't matter on this item. And, just to clarify, I believe that the brand name is "Microgard" (according to the website).

Although I haven't heard of Microgard (not unusual), the other brands listed on the website are the right ones for your car, so the Microgard MGA4303 probably is also correct.

What makes you believe that it does not fit correctly? After looking at mine, I imagine that you see the filter wobbling around in the lower part of the filter box. This is normal, as the top part fits snugly over the filter, sealing it and locating it within the box.