Ultimate Subaru Message Board

94' ea 82 spfi ecu wiring

Not 100% sure on the EA82, but if Subaru followed federal emission standards as they would have had to, then no. The systems are designed to monitor egr flow and control via any of the following: O2 changes, vacuum changes, DPFE feedback or MAF. You may be able to do away with the EVAP because I don't think they had a fuel tank pressure sensor or similar device. Best thing to do on that one is leave the purge canister and valve in place and hooked up electrically. Just cap off the lines to disable. If you unplug the solenoid, it will set a code. Bear in mind a few things here: This is considered emissions tampering and is illegal. No, the emission police aren't going to come after you, but there is always the possibility. Second, if you are in an emissions attainment area, you would fail a visual inspection and not be able to get tabs until you returned the system to original OPERATING condition. And last, even if the just do a sniff with no visual, disabling either will affect tailpipe readings at both idle and cruise depending on which one you disable and conditions during the test. I'm not saying don't do it, just giving food for thought. I have an '85 lifted Suburban with a '78 SB400 retrofitted with TB injection and no emissions equipment. 350hp and a separate PROM for said testing to de-tune it so it passes. Of course, it just passed the 25 year mark so now I don't worry.

Replace the solenoids with 33 Ohm, 5 watt ceramic resistors - either at the plugs for the solenoids or at the ECU itself. The ECU is just looking for a valid resistance from the solenoid's actuator coil. I do this all the time on my SPFI swaps. You can also just leave the solenoids connected as this will do the same thing but they are messy to look at and do tend to fail unlike the resistors - cleans things up, less likely to fail, and they cost about $1 each :rolleyes:.

GD

Edited by GeneralDisorder