Ultimate Subaru Message Board

help with 2" lift

ok hopfuly somone can help me i have a 91 loyal i built the lift frum cheep 2" lift form exact to the plans all that turned out perfect then came the not so fun part tryed meny different ways to get thes instald.. how do u get this to go together on the front the only thing i did not do was remove the axel. I could not get the extra clearance can someone plese help it would be very healpful

i had to disconnect and remove my front swaybar. disconnect control arm, and strut top mounts. step on the hub to lower the strut enough to get your liftblocks in from the top. make sure you know which one is the front. also make sure your liftblocks bring the strut tops in toward the center of the car (camber). on a 2" lift you shouldnt need to drop the x-member

RV

^+1

Subruise is someone who's obviously done this.

You DON'T need to drop the crossmember. Not on the umpteen I've done, and helped do anyways.

First thing to do is ditch the sway bar, as mentioned. Don't try it with it hooked up. You just plain won't be able to do it.

Some of these have been easy, and some are just plain tough. I've had a few go together super easy, and seen others fight back alot. It's just luck of the draw I guess.

As mentioned, be sure to put the correct block in the forwardmost stut mounting point, and make sure the blocks are moving the top of the strut directly inboard. Anything else will change things you don't want changed.

Just to add on to 3eyed's post make sure that once you get the blocks in, they are pushing the strut in twards the motor, if they are backwards, you'll know, and it aint good, you'll have to stand on the rotor to get the strut down there will be pinched figers and lots of swear words involved so get out the ear muffs for the kids if you have any. I've done several of them and thats the hardest part...........................................

Jeff