Ultimate Subaru Message Board

question

stephen115

Im doing a 4 inch lift and im having a problem with what bolt pattern I want.. I have a set of 4 16.5 inch wagon wheels 5 lug, and was wondering if I should do the 5 lug swap( there are two xt6's at the local pull a part)(and what is the part list for this conversion?)

or should I redrill some hubs( there is a ea81 at the local pull a part also, and I can get the hubs off that and make them 6 lugs)

my main problem is that my brat is my daily driver and I kind of need to do this in 2-3 days, the lift and the 5 lug swap or 6 lug conversion?

thank you for your time

SJ

Im doing a 4 inch lift and im having a problem with what bolt pattern I want.. I have a set of 4 16.5 inch wagon wheels 5 lug, and was wondering if I should do the 5 lug swap( there are two xt6's at the local pull a part)(and what is the part list for this conversion?)

or should I redrill some hubs( there is a ea81 at the local pull a part also, and I can get the hubs off that and make them 6 lugs)

my main problem is that my brat is my daily driver and I kind of need to do this in 2-3 days, the lift and the 5 lug swap or 6 lug conversion?

thank you for your time

SJ

Not sure where you found some 16.5's that are five lug, most of those were 8 lug for 3/4 or 1 ton trucks. Not to mention 16.5 inch tires are all but discontinued in favor of 16, 17, and beyond.

Cheap and dirty is to find a set of six lug rims and drill the rims out. Next easiest would be the six lug hub mod. Most involved is the five lug swap.

You can do a search and find more information than you can read in a day on all three subjects. Stoke the fire, get a beverage and get comfortable.

Dan

Not sure where you found some 16.5's that are five lug, most of those were 8 lug for 3/4 or 1 ton trucks. Not to mention 16.5 inch tires are all but discontinued in favor of 16, 17, and beyond.

Cheap and dirty is to find a set of six lug rims and drill the rims out. Next easiest would be the six lug hub mod. Most involved is the five lug swap.

You can do a search and find more information than you can read in a day on all three subjects. Stoke the fire, get a beverage and get comfortable.

Dan

I have searched and I cant find a parts list or anything about swaping the front for the 5 lug swap,

Ill probably end up doing the 6 lug redrill.

SJ

I have searched and I cant find a parts list or anything about swaping the front for the 5 lug swap,

Ill probably end up doing the 6 lug redrill.

SJ

Try this thread http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=110637&highlight=5+lug+swap

Lots of good info. There are others, try your search in the same forum as that thread and you will probably come up with more stuff.

Hope that helps.

Dan

I used a hand sledge, a center punch, a brass punch, a drill press, two drill bits one small and one close to the size of the lug stud. Then i used a reamer to finish off the size of the lug stud holes. Plus whatever tools it takes to get you wheel and you hub off.19mm in impact socket, impact, 24 mm socket for the castle nuts on the hubs.(i think thats what size they were) and a pair of pliers to pull out the cotter pins on the castlenuts on the hubs