Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New pugs - few questions

I have a set of Pugs that I bought today...

They are 15s.

I need tires (that will fit a GL with no lift)

I want low pro, or Legacy tires... Will these fit?

Also... They are not all 4 the same wheels, same design, but two were made in a different place than the other two.

Will this make a difference in 4WD?

PICT0055.jpg

Right now, the car is in pieces, but if I can remember, ill snap another photo of it once its back on the road... if that ever happens :lol:

Obviously this is a wagon not a sedan, but a wagon is a sedan with more glass :)

Hope it gives you an idea

EDIT:

Hot Damn, look at that shine :)

Oh and dont mind the cat in the lower left... that errr, is on the car always...

Edited by beataru
Hot damn, shes clean.

The one I have is white, came off a first gen MR2, I think it would look good on a sedan. Will fit a flat trunklid, which the sedan has. Fairly low profile and has 3rd brake light in it too. Would have to drill either 3 or 5 holes I can't quite remember.

Edited by obk25xt

The wheels in my size will fit just fine. I am having rubbing issues on the front only when I go over a speedbump weird, but thats because my front springs are sagging a tiny bit, and the wheelwell plastic is starting to fall off. :rolleyes: old piece of poo... Why do I love you?

The numbers you need to know regarding the pugs are: Offset - difference between the stock 13's and the 15's

Overall tire-wheel diameter - again the difference between the stock 185-70x13 and the 205-50x15 as mounted. I think the 205-50 will be close enough to the stock 185-70 in overall diameter to avoid clearance so the offset diff. might be the concern.

i had 14" pugs on my 88 dl s/r 4wd with 195/60 14 tires. these were very close to the stock(185/70 13) in overall diameter but much wider, and retained the correct speedometer readings and had the right size for what the trans was geared for. these tires were inexpensive as far as not being some crazy low profile.